Sponsored

What interior detailer to use

turbohvn

Turbohvn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT PP
What have most found to be the best interior detailer? I have used them all on my other vehicles but want a non-gloss finish on my GT's surfaces. I have a premium with all black interior. Thanks!
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
303 Protectant is my favorite.

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Meguires all purpose cleaner (pretty diluted) followed by Optimum Protectant plus...works really well on plastic/trim and on leather/vinyl.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Cockpit Premium is the best, it cleans and leave NO residue on the interior. I use it on my plastic, leather, and Sync 3 display. 303 is also great but will leave a slightly darker finish than factory, however I use it on my exterior plastic due to the greater UV protection in it.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Cockpit Premium is the best, it cleans and leave NO residue on the interior. I use it on my plastic, leather, and Sync 3 display. 303 is also great but will leave a slightly darker finish than factory, however I use it on my exterior plastic due to the greater UV protection in it.
I do this as well

OP
OP

turbohvn

Turbohvn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT PP
Does the 303 hold up under rain conditions on exterior pieces? I have used Mequires Ultimate Black in the past. However, Mequires has reformulated the UB (confirmed with Mequires)and the new formula streaks like crazy in the rain . Gets all over paint and window glass. Almost impossible to remove. I have used everything from hot soap and water all the way through pure denatured alcohol! Mequires told me you have to remove it "mechanically"with ultimate compound. Sucks, as the old formulation did not do this.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant should fit the bill. No greasy film and is a low gloss shine. Cost is reasonable and everyone local to you should carry it.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Does the 303 hold up under rain conditions on exterior pieces? I have used Mequires Ultimate Black in the past. However, Mequires has reformulated the UB (confirmed with Mequires)and the new formula streaks like crazy in the rain . Gets all over paint and window glass. Almost impossible to remove. I have used everything from hot soap and water all the way through pure denatured alcohol! Mequires told me you have to remove it "mechanically"with ultimate compound. Sucks, as the old formulation did not do this.
I know what you mean. I've used Ultimate Black, and the Chemical Guys stuff and it all streaked and faded. The 303 will darken is slightly, but I use it more to prevent fade rather than restore it back. I believe 303 was designed to be used on exterior boat pieces that would get hit with sun all day, so it works well on the car exterior trim. My plastic still looks new. I apply it every 3-4 weeks to all the exterior trim. It's never left any streaks, or any marks for that matter. I'm very happy with it. I use the blue bottle stuff that's made for cars, but I believe a lot of guys use the original stuff in the white bottle. They say you can use it on tires as well, but I haven't tried that.
Sponsored