nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
I currently pay £440 for a years insurance for my gt with a DS tune, suspension mods,spacers,catback exhaust,scoops,spoilers blah blah.... all having been disclosed to my insurance company (A-Plan) which i think is a cracking premium!

Today after a weekend of waiting they got back to me with a quote of £1524 for a roush phase 2 supercharger added to most of the above (obviously a lund tune is needed)!

I declared the projected horse power of 700 and increased the value of the car by 5k to £45000 and told them this modification would not be taking place until next may when the necessary funds are in place.

So, i wont be taking them up on that crazy premium and i know im going to have to shop about, but i would appreciate it if forum members on here who have had their motors supercharged could advise me with what other companies to try and what they are currently paying for the privilege of running a blown motor .

I am 50 years young with full no claims protected,on 9000 miles a year with a garage .

I would be grateful if only owners who have had this modification carried out or are in the process of supercharging, and have had a recent quote would comment on this thread as it cuts out all the hearsay and false information etc, thanks and much appreciated :hail:
Sponsored

Last edited:

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I currently pay £440 for a years insurance for my gt with a DS tune, suspension mods,spacers,catback exhaust,scoops,spoilers blah blah.... all having been disclosed to my insurance company (A-Plan) which i think is a cracking premium!

Today after a weekend of waiting they got back to me with a quote of £1524 for a roush phase 2 supercharger added to most of the above (obviously a lund tune is needed)!

I declared the projected horse power of 700 and increased the value of the car by 5k to £45000 and told them this modification would not be taking place until next may when the necessary funds are in place.

So, i wont be taking them up on that crazy premium and i know im going to have to shop about, but i would appreciate it if forum members on here who have had their motors supercharged could advise me with what other companies to try and what they are currently paying for the privilege of running a blown motor .

I am 50 years young with full no claims protected,on 9000 miles a year with a garage .

I would be grateful if only owners who have had this modification carried out or are in the process of supercharging, and have had a recent quote would comment on this thread as it cuts out all the hearsay and false information etc, thanks and much appreciated :hail:
A Plan Thatcham branch handle modified/FI cars.Was insured with A plan at another branch for the stock car @ approx £400 ish 12000 miles / no points / 60's/ no commute/ garaged .I ended up paying £775 ish for up to 600 rwhp at Thatcham branch

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
A Plan Thatcham branch handle modified/FI cars.Was insured with A plan at another branch for the stock car @ approx £400 ish 12000 miles / no points / 60's/ no commute/ garaged .I ended up paying £775 ish for up to 600 rwhp at Thatcham branch
Thats who im with and i found out its the thatcham branch that covers me , hmmmm , something not right unless theyve just went mental with the premiums ? but thanx for replying

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thats who im with and i found out its the thatcham branch that covers me , hmmmm , something not right unless theyve just went mental with the premiums ? but thanx for replying
Maybe they read your posts ;)

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I deal direct wirh the Thatcham office not online,whether for some reason that made the big difference?. I was quoted similar to the £775 by another company ,sorry but can't remember who.Why not contact A plan thatcham direct with your mates mustang number plate and a diffeent name address and see what they come up with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
I deal direct wirh the Thatcham office not online,whether for some reason that made the big difference?. I was quoted similar to the £775 by another company ,sorry but can't remember who.Why not contact A plan thatcham direct with your mates mustang number plate and a diffeent name address and see what they come up with.
But when you enquire they ask you if you have ever had any experience of a 700hp car ? I told them my brothers Nissan GtR . No, have you ever owned a 700hp car?

Quote for a nissan GTR IS £600 ish but a stang with a blower is £1500 ?

Will try again though cheers :thumbsup:

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
But when you enquire they ask you if you have ever had any experience of a 700hp car ? I told them my brothers Nissan GtR . No, have you ever owned a 700hp car?

Will try again though cheers :thumbsup:
700 hp = something like 600rwhp,and with me they only wanted to talk RWhp, maybe they think you are going 700 RWhp which would take some serious doing;),they were happy with my previous tuscan/996t experience so should have zero probs with a GTR.

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
ahh, now that is a bloody good point ! thanks

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red ecoboost with custon pack

I got a quote from A-plan. 460 for a stock ecoboost. They told me that most GT owners are about 250 per year with them due to being weekend only cars. Your quote with those mods is fantastic.

Sponsored

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8

Adrian Flux for my FR/Roush Supercharger 670 bhp at £550 a the year.:thumbsup: