DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Congrats on MOTM a second time Dennis! Well deserved! Seeing this car in photos is one thing, but to behold it in its entirety up close and personal is quite different. Every little detail done just right! :first::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Congrats man on MOTM SC, I was up at Hillbank the other day and mentioned you Ashton says you come in there a lot. Do you know Mike from there? He worked on my car for the Ford Performance Pack 2.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you look at this build thread and than look at your own car you might as well be driving a Prius that's what it feels like.

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Right, so you didn't modify the RAM air tube, but the cold air intake?

Thanks.

[MENTION=25719]LFCRulesOK[/MENTION] Correct. I modified the Cover to the Whipple Air box cover to allow the air to dump in on top and I also modified the inside of the hood ram air tube as well so it would fit over the Whipple Supercharger. I'll try to find some pictures and post up to show you exactly :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)

[MENTION=17026]Digital_Synapse[/MENTION] Thanks....I think :lol:

Congrats on MOTM a second time Dennis! Well deserved! Seeing this car in photos is one thing, but to behold it in its entirety up close and personal is quite different. Every little detail done just right! :first::clap2::clap2::clap2:

[MENTION=15112]DarkHorse5.0[/MENTION] Thanks Bryn :hail: greatly appreciate your kind words :headbang:

Congrats man on MOTM SC, I was up at Hillbank the other day and mentioned you Ashton says you come in there a lot. Do you know Mike from there? He worked on my car for the Ford Performance Pack 2....When you look at this build thread and than look at your own car you might as well be driving a Prius that's what it feels like.

[MENTION=21193]RaceRed5.0[/MENTION] Thank you :thumbsup: Yeah I know the gang at Hillbank real well. Michael is the one that has pretty much done all the work on my car except for the new 5.2L motor. They are all great people and treat your car better then if it were their own. Always doing nothing but great work. I love all the new Mustangs and they are great cars even stock off the showroom floor :thumbsup:

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@RaceRed5.0 Thank you :thumbsup: Yeah I know the gang at Hillbank real well. Michael is the one that has pretty much done all the work on my car except for the new 5.2L motor. They are all great people and treat your car better then if it were their own. Always doing nothing but great work. I love all the new Mustangs and they are great cars even stock off the showroom floor :thumbsup:
You are right they were very friendly I have had issues with places like that before like they give you the cold shoulder, not these people they were very welcoming and literally took the time to talk to you about cars and stuff which was surprising.

I would love to see your car in person and you can check out mine by no means my Mustang is as modded as much as yours but I like to think I am still unique in my style. If you are ever up at Hillbank let me know, keep the great build coming! :cheers:

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
[MENTION=25719]LFCRulesOK[/MENTION] Correct. I modified the Cover to the Whipple Air box cover to allow the air to dump in on top and I also modified the inside of the hood ram air tube as well so it would fit over the Whipple Supercharger. I'll try to find some pictures and post up to show you exactly :thumbsup:
That would be excellent, thanks - as I'll be doing the same to mine eventually.

Last edited:

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
You are right they were very friendly I have had issues with places like that before like they give you the cold shoulder, not these people they were very welcoming and literally took the time to talk to you about cars and stuff which was surprising.

I would love to see your car in person and you can check out mine by no means my Mustang is as modded as much as yours but I like to think I am still unique in my style. If you are ever up at Hillbank let me know, keep the great build coming! :cheers:
Mike's a great guy at Hillbank. Him and Dennis both have been helping me with some of my TR6060 swap questions while I get my 5.2 built. It's nice to have some helping people in the community especially when I live thousands of miles away from them. I got to meet them both at Fab Fords though. Mike's wife has a badass 69 Mustang too!

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mike's a great guy at Hillbank. Him and Dennis both have been helping me with some of my TR6060 swap questions while I get my 5.2 built. It's nice to have some helping people in the community especially when I live thousands of miles away from them. I got to meet them both at Fab Fords though. Mike's wife has a badass 69 Mustang too!
They are really knowledgeable especially considering Shelby's are their main business not Mustangs.

Idk if I ever complimented on your build DarkSubRosa but major props man you car looks really good as well as the motor. I love the rims.

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
That would be excellent, thanks - as I'll be doing the same to mine eventually.

[MENTION=25719]LFCRulesOK[/MENTION] PM sent with a few pictures :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
New 5.2L Motor Baseline Dyno

Here's the video of the initial baseline Dyno on the new 5.2L motor. Put down 808 Rwhp & 588 tq on 91 Octane w/ Boostane, 3.5" pulley & 12.5 psi. Torque is low due to conservative timing settings as this was the initial and baseline Dyno on the new motor. next step is drop a pulley size to raise the boost to 13.5 psi and see how far we can push the new daily setup. Special thanks to [MENTION=19693]Will@Whipple[/MENTION] for building the new motor and [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] for all their continued support and incredible supercharger :hail: :hail: :hail:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]RUkCprBkCUY[/MEDIA]"]

* Huge thank you to [MENTION=8588]Clink[/MENTION] for showing me how to post the actual video :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Below is a link to the video of the initial baseline Dyno on the new 5.2L motor. Put down 808 Rwhp & 588 tq on 91 Octane w/ Boostane, 3.5" pulley & 12.5 psi. Torque is low due to conservative timing settings as this was the initial and baseline Dyno on the new motor. next step is drop a pulley size to raise the boost to 13.5 psi and see how far we can push the new daily setup.
WOW, awesome stuff Dennis. That is great man.
That's almost 1000HP at the crank. Maybe with the new pulley and tune, it will be just about there!
:cheers:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
WOW, awesome stuff Dennis. That is great man.
That's almost 1000HP at the crank. Maybe with the new pulley and tune, it will be just about there!
:cheers:

[MENTION=17124]Stage_3[/MENTION] Thank you my friend :cheers: Before we're done we'll have a Dyno showing 1000+ to the wheels :D
Sponsored