Sponsored

Using Car Wash instead of "snow" foam, works better from my brief experience

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
I have owned a Black Mustang for the past 8 months, in that time I have spent so much time reading about detailing and watching youtube that I finally feel confident in the fact that I will keep the cars paint looking good and minimise any introduction of swirl marks!

Obviously as part of the regiment in washing the car, I have been using Snow Foam with a foam lancer/high pressure as the pre wash.

Well, I ran out of snow foam and decided to try using the actual car wash liquid... and it was damn sight better than the snow foam stuff that cost 10x more. I have been using McGuires Gold Class Car Wash (as that was the best PH Neutral I could get at the time and waiting on finishing the bottle).

Anyway, long story short, 1:10 mix of McGuires in the snow foam lance did a better job than the previous snow foam.

Also, I am confident my new regiment is really making it easy for me :)

#1 Pre Rinse
#2 "Snow Foam" and wait Sit
#3 High Pressure
#4 "Snow Foam" and Wash as well as 2 bucket method (Lamb wool mit)
#5 Rinse, Rinse Rinse
#6 Dry top to bottom (Swissvax Microfibre waffle weave)
#7 Either wax or use Sealant

Anyway, thought I'd post in with the Snow Foam as I had no idea the car wash foamed that well in the lance till I tried it :)
Sponsored

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Since i bought my pressure washer, i haven't really used any snow foam shampoo. I use McGuire's Ultimate wash and wax with the same 1:10 mix you use and its working like a charm. The only pain is drying the car...takes me lots of effort not to miss a spot!

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Since i bought my pressure washer, i haven't really used any snow foam shampoo. I use McGuire's Ultimate wash and wax with the same 1:10 mix you use and its working like a charm. The only pain is drying the car...takes me lots of effort not to miss a spot!
The pre wash is the most important step in my opinion, I essentially do it twice as I am OCD. It will really loosen and remove easy dirt from the paint before you start any form of physical washing.

I dont mind the drying (though its probably where the most swirls happen!), I hate waxing/Polishing/sealing the paint... thats a pita esp as I have no garage and my girl sits exposed.

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
I rinse, foam, rinse, foam again (and use two different soaps)...I use Chemical Guys Products pretty much exclusively.

Final rinse and then leaf blower the car...I would say I do a true touchless wash on the car 8 out 10 times now.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
For those that try not to drive in the rain and keep the car in a garage you'll know that dust is about the only thing you'll need to take off the car.

Rubbing that into the paint will surely leave swirl marks so my routine is to use a California Duster to get rid of the dust first (lightly let the fingers do the work - do NOT rub the duster hard into the paint), followed by a waterless spray using a quality soft set of towels.

That's been fantastic for me ... barely a swirl.

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
I havent tried to dry with a leaf blower yet, might have to give that a whirl. Though the water I have here is very very hard and lots of minerals so white spot city :(

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I havent tried to dry with a leaf blower yet, might have to give that a whirl. Though the water I have here is very very hard and lots of minerals so white spot city :(
which direction do you swirl the sponge in Australia?

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
which direction do you swirl the sponge in Australia?
Hahaha..

Actually we dont swirl the sponge, we run it in straight lines to minimise the swirls. Was this a trick question? :)

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I relized i get better results with a fresh microfiber and not my wool mitt. maybe the mitt is old and dirty. I do wash it in the clothes washer if thats correct?

Sponsored

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I relized i get better results with a fresh microfiber and not my wool mitt. maybe the mitt is old and dirty. I do wash it in the clothes washer if thats correct?
Get yourself a real high quality chenille microfiber wash mitt from Chemical Guys...2 bucket wash system too and cyclone dirt trap...FTW

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
You want to use the leaf blower to blow everything out from the mirrors/badges/grille/etc and then dry the paint as normal (which, for me, is using AMMO Hydrate)

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You want to use the leaf blower to blow everything out from the mirrors/badges/grille/etc and then dry the paint as normal (which, for me, is using AMMO Hydrate)

^^^^ This I tried to blow dry the whole car and it was maddening!

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)