Sponsored

Charger Rt Scat vs bolt on 16 gt

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lord.. some of you's need to STOP dumping the clutch and learn to launch and shift.
My buddy has a 16 charger scat pack w/ axleback.. I destroy him every time we line up..
or from a roll. :thumbsup:
Not everyone understands how critical preloading is unfortunately. Some haven't found the balance of it without burning the clutch so they just dump it by side stepping. Most people are rookies when it comes to manual transmissions and everyone thinks they are a rockstar with them. Sad truth is most are average at best
Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'd say a lot of people don't know how to drive the scat pack either. They punch the gas, do a really cool burn out and go no where fast. That car really needs much wider and stickier tires than the 245's it comes with.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think the SP Charger is the perfect DD performance sedan especially for the money. Note I say "performance", not "sport." Plenty of power, a great auto trans, decent brakes, good looks, and a compliant suspension. Could loose a few lbs but whatever. A mid equipped 5 series weighs about the same if not more.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say a lot of people don't know how to drive the scat pack either. They punch the gas, do a really cool burn out and go no where fast. That car really needs much wider and stickier tires than the 245's it comes with.
Try with 235/50/18's :frusty: :lol: :thumbsup:

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Try with 235/50/18's :frusty: :lol: :thumbsup:
Been there, done that. At least the mustang starts off tamer in lower rpms and builds up. The 392 in the charger/challenger is known to be pretty touchy at low rpms.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
ALL the dodges need a real set of tires its an embarassment to send 480plus hp cars out with anything less than 275s!!

I agree with you 100%

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
ALL the dodges need a real set of tires its an embarassment to send 480plus hp cars out with anything less than 275s!!

I agree with you 100%
F.A.S.T. racers run high 10's on a 6" wide tire.. on a track with molasses consistency.. :D Anyways depends on the tire, a 275 with a 400 wear rating probably won't hook as good with a 245 with a 150 wear rating.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
F.A.S.T. racers run high 10's on a 6" wide tire.. on a track with molasses consistency.. :D Anyways depends on the tire, a 275 with a 400 wear rating probably won't hook as good with a 245 with a 150 wear rating.
The scat pack comes standard with goodyear RSA. A tire noted for it's complete lack of being good at anything :p . It tries so hard to be average at everything is sucks pretty much all the time.:cheers:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The scat pack comes standard with goodyear RSA. A tire noted for it's complete lack of being good at anything :p . It tries so hard to be average at everything is sucks pretty much all the time.:cheers:
This x1,000. I hated these fucking tires on my G8 GT, and I hate them on my SP. They are "upgraded" from the old ones, but still shit. I'll be upgrading to 275's eventually.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Reminds me of the Goodyear supercars that came on my 14 gt500. Huge piles of shit
My 13 GT came with the supercars as well. Huge piles of shit as well. I hate goodyear tires.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin thinks his 87 305 IROC is a world dominator.. peels off the line, from a 20mph roll, fishtails, blah blah blah. Told him it's cause of those hockey pucks. What hockey pucks he said. Your Goodyear Eagles. He said the tread still looks new after 20k miles. Exactly I said LOL.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A GT got me (in my scatpack) from a roll by about a car length - but I was heatsoaked - IATs were +100, had just merged onto highway he had been on for awhile and I was coming out of stop and start traffic. I think same race with normal IATs and I'd have handled him easily.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me how a n/a car gets heatsoaked enough to lose a race to a lesser hp car! If you lost by a car length its likely he wasn’t stock, even if he said he was! My iat’s are hotter then that and my car is still really fast n/a! And I'm not stock!
Sponsored