OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Nice! Looks really clean!
thanks, as i mentioned in some of the first page, i just wasnt paying enough attention to what i was doing with a new (to me) product and it was night time and i was rushing lol.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Same here. I have a tub full of them (closer to empty now) in the basement. Just totally didn't think about. Very soft too so scrubbing the trim doesn't leave micro scratches on the paint from any overhanging sponge
Just be careful about the magic erasers/melamine foam. They are abrasive and are capable of knocking of the texture on textured plastic if you go at them rough enough. And they will definitely mess up your paint if you're not careful.

But used sparingly, they work wonders.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
also, if you need it in the future, McKee's 37 wax and stain remover works amazingly. Spray it on, let it sit about 30 seconds and wipe it off with a cloth. A detail brush on stubborn spots if needed.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Looks great. Magic Eraser works well on a lot of stuff. I always keep a box of it on hand.
You can't use those Magic Erasers on body panels though, right? Aren't they abrasive?

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
You can't use those Magic Erasers on body panels though, right? Aren't they abrasive?
Yes, they are slightly abrasive, and I wouldn't use them on body panels. There are many other products specifically designed for automobiles and are safe to use.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP

Yes, they are slightly abrasive, and I wouldn't use them on body panels. There are many other products specifically designed for automobiles and are safe to use.
Yes they are abrasive a tiny bit but no more than a regular polishing buffer. I wouldn't use them on anything panel wise or painted but definitely for trim and wax removal it worked amazingly

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It takes maybe 5 minutes to tape off the plastic trims. I usually just tape them off so I don't have to come back and correct them.
I even tape off decals so there is no wax build up alone the edges.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
I had this issue on some areas and was able to clean up most of it with a magic eraser, but as some of you said it seems to have kind of messed with the plastic trim a little bit and water now sometimes leaves these ugly stains. Anyone use this chemical guys product to kind of repair that? Curious how well it works

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Factory...MI-vbJmLaM1wIVCbbACh1aPQkyEAQYASABEgK0PfD_BwE
Trim shine by shine supply. It will remove the stain and give plastics a nice UV protection and shine. Also dry to the touch and doesn't attract dust

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
It takes maybe 5 minutes to tape off the plastic trims. I usually just tape them off so I don't have to come back and correct them.
I even tape off decals so there is no wax build up alone the edges.
I've had no issues getting the little bit of wax off I accidentally touched on the plastic, it's the paint sealant I've started using that is the real pain to get off. Next time there is a pretty good chance I will tape off haha
Sponsored