s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So after having all the parts sit for months I am starting to put everything together but I noticed the head of the m6x1.0 20mm bolts I got were too big to fit in the recessed space in the spacer. I checked my local homedepot and Lowes but they didn't have bolts with smaller heads. Does anyone have an online store that sells the bolts with the proper head size?
I got mine off amazon but they're Allen key ones so they're pretty annoying to get on and off
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I think I have asked this before but since this thread has grown I want to ask this again, does anyone else hear a weird noise when hitting redline?

Also, I got the metal adapter to fit after drilling out all of the holes. Its a PITA but it feels much more solid compared to the plastic one.

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I bought the tb adapter at siliconeintakes.com
It cost me $18 includes shipping.. Here is a picture of it.. The size of the silicone adapter is 3 1/2 inch to 3 inch..
reducer_red_picture_oneinch.jpg

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
So after having all the parts sit for months I am starting to put everything together but I noticed the head of the m6x1.0 20mm bolts I got were too big to fit in the recessed space in the spacer. I checked my local homedepot and Lowes but they didn't have bolts with smaller heads. Does anyone have an online store that sells the bolts with the proper head size?
This is what I used.
Fastenal
M6-1.0X20
Button Head Socket Cap Screw
fastenal.com
100_0513.jpg

Sponsored

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
thank you... Also the bolts that go through the adapter and the intake are the ones list here ok to use or do I got to get longer ones..?

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
thank you... Also the bolts that go through the adapter and the intake are the ones list here ok to use or do I got to get longer ones..?
You know I don't remember exactly, but I do remember going to the local Farm and Home store and getting 6X1.00 metric bolts in 45/50 and 55 mm lengths. I got five of each cause I'm always losing stuff. Sorry man it's the best I can do.:headbonk:

Sponsored

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
I installed mine with a Roush CAI this morning. I bought the setup last month from a member. It all went on with no issues. My first impression is, "Eh." But the weather is hot and humid, not the best for testing power increases. Also, I disconnected the battery while I did the work, so maybe it needs some time?

The Roush CAI is certainly louder under full throttle. A lot louder.

I'll give it some time and report back.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
If anyone is interested in doing this mod, I am selling my gt TB, spacer, gasket ring and 3.5in coupler. Basically all you need to complete the mod. Pm me if interested.

I went with a ported TB.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Can you post a picture of that stuff? I might take it all.

Hey my first post!!!! ringy dingy doo!!!!

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
How to recognize the 2017 from the 2011-2014 version of the throttle body? How would I explain it to a friend? Thanks!
Sponsored