exhaust decision

OP
OP

Dwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 auto
I haven't done a lot of highway driving maybe 15 miles or so but I tried different cruising speeds and I didn't get any drone from it. I bought it from Amazon, that's my review on their site, there were no reviews on it so I thought I'd put a video up to help people make up there mind. I think it's a great deal at that price, cheaper than some axlebacks, very well built and sounds great. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions.
Sponsored

nmusti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 convertible
I haven't done a lot of highway driving maybe 15 miles or so but I tried different cruising speeds and I didn't get any drone from it. I bought it from Amazon, that's my review on their site, there were no reviews on it so I thought I'd put a video up to help people make up there mind. I think it's a great deal at that price, cheaper than some axlebacks, very well built and sounds great. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions.
I saw that review and wondered if it was yours, sounds great. Thanks!

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Just checked out the Amazon review video. I like the exhausts that retain the V6 character instead of trying to sound like a V8 or something. Nice.

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just got a set of axleback Ford Racing by Borla from cjpp. I was told by Borla that these mufflers are quieter than the Borla version. I will install the mufflers tomorrow and post the results.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I wish I would have gotten the Borla S Type axle back from the beginning. I got the Roush and it drones so bad on the highway. I was thinking about removing the resonator and running straight glasspack resonators in its place but Idk. Borla is the way to go if you don't like torturing yourself. But if you want maximum sound, a Roush with a x pipe will wake up the neighbors two streets over for under $700.

Sponsored

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Ford Racing by Borla - Touring

I just finished installing a set of axleback Ford Racing by Borla (touring), and I love the sound. At idle it almost sounds like stock (except when you start the engine). At low RPMs you hear a nice deep tone; then it comes alive at mid and high RPMs. NO drone at all. I love it. Although I can't honestly say that it sounds like a v8, two people have asked me what engine I had because they couldn't tell by the exhaust tone.
I spent some time doing some research between the touring and the S-type, and I'm glad I chose the touring. The sound it not loud inside the car, although you will hear a nice racing tone with windows up when you step on the gas. It is definitely more noticeable outside the car. I'll try to get a video of the car driving by, as well as driving behind and next to the car.

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
The Borla S-Type rocks! Zero Drone, great sound...you'll love it if you get it. The Borla version is louder than the FRPP and better sounding in my opinion.

We sell those too...let me know if interested, or any others too!
Sponsored