Sponsored

cquartz + reload: issues with hazing?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Anyone else use the cquartz plus reload system?

Everytime i try to use reload i get a film or haze all over the car about 2 days later. Its not oily or powdery, it looks almost like the haze you get on the in side of your windows and wipes off like it too. On the windshield using the wipers is insta streak city.

I entertained i may have used too much but after it happening twice and using about one shot per panel each time it seems unlikely. When i wipe it on it looks like it flashes right away and doesnt streak. I even still follow it up with clean MF wipe.

Any ideas what may be causing this?
Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I used it, but did not get any hazing- although I have heard of it happening. Does it say anything on the bottle about hazing potential on darker colors? Some products almost leave a "film" for lack of a better term.

How long have you had yours on? It lasted about 3 weeks for me and no there is zero hydrophobic quality left on my car

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
It appeared after about 2 days after using. In the morning it looks like dust bht in the evening it looks like inside window haze on thr paint. I csn wipe it off and it comes off black. This may point to it being very fine dust or a combo of both.

I was told the newest formulas shouldnt need to be cut for darker cars and i didnt see any streaking like ive seen in videos.

All in all im trying to see wtf is happening with my coating. I went with cquartz pro but the hydrophobic properties only last a week or two on the hood/roof/back trunk lid. The sides are ok but the whole thing seems extremely fickle. One side of the car was hit with a rogue sprinkler and despite the claims it did something to the finish. when washing you can tell the water flies off one side but not the other. If im not careful everything gets extremely water spotted.

If i did it again i would have the detailer (who did a great job cleaning everything up) do paint correction and i would go back to zaino. I love the correction but i have zero fsith in this coating. Even zaino would bead up condensation and it would all shower off when i moved. This it just sits there like the car had bare paint.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i kind of had the same prob i used cquartz uk, i did a eraser spray, then a reload and i noticed some like streaking and uneven spots on my hood as i was wiping off the reload. so i grabbed my big 2 inch thick micro towel and started to buff the hell out of it . and they started to go away . think its just dark colors, cause my buddy has a silver one and his didnt do that.

i did 2 coats on my car also of the cquartz, never had a issue with water not running off, or rain spots ever and mine has been on the car for over a yr and never a issue . and i did mine myself

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Trick is to use very little. I actually found my best results using it post wash with the car slightly wet. You also don't need to use it very often.

ECH20 is a much better choice for using daily/weekly. Stuff is amazing and can be used is multiple dilutions for multiple purposes.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have Cquartz Finest applied on my truck. AWESOME!!
I use the RELOAD every other car wash or 2. I've never experienced any hazing at all. But, my truck is Bright White, so maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't see any on the truck at all.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Yeah this "hazing" is more like a residue. Its not like the streaking you get while applying as I buff those out as im going and right after. I use about 1-2 sprays per panel at most. I washed>echo2>reload. All looked great for 2 days. I only had streaking on the windshield when using the wipers (which i clean religiously) but that can be because theyre 18 month old.

Its may be some extra fine dust but its so so fine, and so uniform it is legit hard to tell. I usually stick with just echo after washes but were doing some tests. The Cquartz seems to need a full decontamination every other week and its hydrophobic properties go away just as quick. Were trying to see if the cquartz itself is failing or if the reload coat is also getting built up with contamination so we can see whats our next step is. In the end we will know if its a bad coat or the enviroment. Im hoping its the coating as i already changed my water, leaf blowerand my entire technique to make this work. Everything else would be enviromental influences i cant control and at this point a simple wax resists everything better for much longer.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As said earlier, I'd hit it with some eraser to start with a fresh surface and then if anything hit it with Ech02 at like 20 to 1 ratio.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Maybe not use the ECHO with the RELOAD, just the RELOAD and see what happens.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I have to do something. It was ok when i used the wipers sparingly through the week. It rained today and when i used my wipers it smeared. When i came out of work it was hard to see out of and extremely hard to wipe off. It seems everytime it gets wet (even with distilled water) it smears even worse. Washing it tomorrow and hoping it comes clean.

Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dilute your reload. Since late 2016 Reload has been crazy concentrated. We dilute 1:1 with distilled water; it had zero effect on longevity and reduces streaking and hazing *a lot*.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Trick is to use very little. I actually found my best results using it post wash with the car slightly wet. You also don't need to use it very often.

ECH20 is a much better choice for using daily/weekly. Stuff is amazing and can be used is multiple dilutions for multiple purposes.
Right on...ECHO2. Is like the detailed spray is to waxed cars! Dilute 15 to 1 and spray a two foot area and buff with a microfibre cloth then move to next panel. I have a Black 2015.... zero problems with reload or ECH2O :cheers:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Right on...ECHO2. Is like the detailed spray is to waxed cars! Dilute 15 to 1 and spray a two foot area and buff with a microfibre cloth then move to next panel. I have a Black 2015.... zero problems with reload or ECH2O :cheers:
I am lazy, I just dilute it 10 to 1 and spray it on the car wet as I dry.

Actually I hit the car with the blower quickly to get water out of wheels,mirrors, cowl. Then spray each section as I dry.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Dilute your reload. Since late 2016 Reload has been crazy concentrated. We dilute 1:1 with distilled water; it had zero effect on longevity and reduces streaking and hazing *a lot*.
do these streaks and haze come after you work on it or during. i make sure as im doing it all remnants of it are gone. This stuff only appears after a day or two.
Sponsored