Sponsored

New U-Turn Launching Technique...

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I was on my way back from lunch today (in Mexico?) and was making a U-Turn on the business park road where I work as its a divided 4 lane road and work was on the other side. Well I had 2 of the interns in the car as it was one of their last days and he wanted to go for a ride. I told them to hang on, since I was planning to try and fishtail the U-turn a bit. So I stop and wait for the road to be fully clear (no cars in sight) and rip it.

Unfortunately I didn't rip it quite right as the rear didn't really break loose until I was just about 180 degrees from the starting position. Once it broke though....it was gone as I was still mashing pedal which I realized at 225 degrees from start. Well I quickly looked in both direction of the road (still spinning) and there was still no other cars so I figured instead of stopping perpendicular to the road it would be faster to follow through on the spin which I did, miraculously executing a beautiful 540 while not slamming a curb or anything and pulling away perfectly. Pretty sure the interns would have thought I meant to do it if I hadn't of let out a whoops at the end.....

Take away is that I am a lucky lucky idiot on this day and it was my monthly reminder to drive safe which I've needed lately. :/

Also figured out a new way to launch the car with a U-Turn (rather Q-turn, as thats what my tire marks looked like) I suppose.
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh4JrEWo9wRmmNP42owUj9BXaMKddyr0SpW_heEtK8qAR1qvN6.jpg

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your ready for cars ans coffee!:headbang::lol::headbang::lol:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
For those of you who've never done a 540 with your tires ablaze, I highly recommend it. I used to do it occasionally as a young adult when I owned a (then) brand new 1989 Mustang 5.0L LX, usually with passengers in the car.

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I totally understood what you said. And yes, you were very lucky.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Damn that low end torque is incredible. Sadly the GT will never be able to do this. Should put a disclaimer, EBM's only.

/Sarcasm

Stay safe on the roads, especially with passengers.
Sponsored