Sponsored

driving bias rear, radial front and times.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
So I finally took my car to the track with hoosier bias ply 28*10 on the rear with my gt350 reps up front (285/35r19). I only live a few miles from the track so I drove there with the slicks on it. I bumped the pressure up 25psi on my way there. There was definitely a good bit of sway, but nothing that can't be corrected. I also drove in track mode which makes the steering heavier which I think helps.

On my return trip, I left the track pressure at 18psi. There was more sway, Not enough to make me uncomfortable, but I'm a fairly confident driver. I do not recommend driving with the pressure that low.

DA was 2200-2600. DA dropped to 1700 at the end of the night, but I'm on stock drivetrain and didn't feel like pushing my luck. I'm also full interior.

My slower pass of the night was a 12.01 @121 with a 1.74 60ft. I bounced off the rev limiter by accident with a late shift.

My fastest pass was 11.91 @ 119, 1.73 60ft

Most of my launches where around 6k, not using a wot box or and 2step and side stepping the clutch. I kept my pressure around 18psi. I think on my next outting I think I'll drop it to 15/16. I also started pushing through the brakes after about 2-3sec of burnout.

So impressions at the top of the track. It is a bit sketchy, I won't lie. [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]0+ the sway does get pretty bad and you really gotta keep the wheel straight. I do not recommend novice drivers to try this. I've been on bias ply front and rear before, but it was a big tire car and much lighter.
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Thanks for the heads up, quite a few of us (myself included) were looking to do the same and I like reading about what to expect!

Matt

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
So I finally took my car to the track with hoosier bias ply 28*10 on the rear with my gt350 reps up front (285/35r19). I only live a few miles from the track so I drove there with the slicks on it. I bumped the pressure up 25psi on my way there. There was definitely a good bit of sway, but nothing that can't be corrected. I also drove in track mode which makes the steering heavier which I think helps.

On my return trip, I left the track pressure at 18psi. There was more sway, Not enough to make me uncomfortable, but I'm a fairly confident driver. I do not recommend driving with the pressure that low.

DA was 2200-2600. DA dropped to 1700 at the end of the night, but I'm on stock drivetrain and didn't feel like pushing my luck. I'm also full interior.

My slower pass of the night was a 12.01 @121 with a 1.74 60ft. I bounced off the rev limiter by accident with a late shift.

My fastest pass was 11.91 @ 119, 1.73 60ft

Most of my launches where around 6k, not using a wot box or and 2step and side stepping the clutch. I kept my pressure around 18psi. I think on my next outting I think I'll drop it to 15/16. I also started pushing through the brakes after about 2-3sec of burnout.

So impressions at the top of the track. It is a bit sketchy, I won't lie. [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]0+ the sway does get pretty bad and you really gotta keep the wheel straight. I do not recommend novice drivers to try this. I've been on bias ply front and rear before, but it was a big tire car and much lighter.
try a 5.5-6k launch at 10psi with the 1-2 shift around 6800 .. you dont have to run it out if its uncomfortable . you should end up with a 1.5 60ft .

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Thanks for the heads up, quite a few of us (myself included) were looking to do the same and I like reading about what to expect!

Matt
That's what makes forums great. Gotta spread the information around.

try a 5.5-6k launch at 10psi with the 1-2 shift around 6800 .. you dont have to run it out if its uncomfortable . you should end up with a 1.5 60ft .
I'll give that a shot next time. I may not go all the way to 10psi at first. Progressively drop the pressure and get used to the big end.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I'll give that a shot next time. I may not go all the way to 10psi at first. Progressively drop the pressure and get used to the big end.
I ran mine @ 10-12 depending on track prep. 6k dump averaged 1.55 60' na. Whipple and 2-step @ 4500 averaged 1.47 60'.

Sponsored

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I just picked up the Hoosier bias ply slick 28 inch on 17 inch race star and I'm running skinnies up front bias ply, not gonna bother with the scary sway plus skinnies should shave off a little 60 foot and top end time . Looks like I'll be lowering the psi to less the 15 psi in the rear. Thanks for the info and thread man

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I ran mine @ 10-12 depending on track prep. 6k dump averaged 1.55 60' na. Whipple and 2-step @ 4500 averaged 1.47 60'.
That's pretty damn strong.

I just picked up the Hoosier bias ply slick 28 inch on 17 inch race star and I'm running skinnies up front bias ply, not gonna bother with the scary sway plus skinnies should shave off a little 60 foot and top end time . Looks like I'll be lowering the psi to less the 15 psi in the rear. Thanks for the info and thread man
No problem.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Were your hoosier slicks when brand new gripping hard immediately or did you feel they need to break in when you got them to the track? What were your burnouts like? Mine are brand new and I'm curious how they will be the first couple passes

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Were your hoosier slicks when brand new gripping hard immediately or did you feel they need to break in when you got them to the track? What were your burnouts like? Mine are brand new and I'm curious how they will be the first couple passes
I think they need a couple good burn outs before they start working right. I got mine used and that's what the guy said I got them from.

I didn't do any crazy burn outs, just first gear for a few seconds and I start pushing through the line locks. Next time I go out, I'm gonna go second gear and get some more wheel speed. This is on a prepped surface too.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
26 psi, time in signature.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I'm only dong the 1/8th mile...
Bias rear, radial front.
Questions:
How squirrelly is it likely to get at 90+ MPH?
What's the pressure range they work within?
Anyone inflating the fronts up to say 60psi for less rolling resistance?
Anything else I should know?
Complete noob to drags, needs help.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Bias rear, radial front.
Questions:
I took mine out Friday for the first time on slicks.

I am running a 28x10x17 Hoosier in the rear the fronts are my 255/35/20 NT555 G2. When I got to the track I switched out my rears to the slicks and then over inflated the fronts with the electric pump that comes with the car. I put 48 PSI on the fronts. The rears I was running around 17PSI Cold. I was cutting 1.7's constantly. For suspension i'm only BC coilovers, nothing else.

The rear sway is there but it's definitely not as bad as I expected. It's hard to explain the feeling but it just feels like the rear end is mushy and likes to lean back and forth but easily controllable using the steering wheel.

I am intake, tune. My best run for the night was 7.8@90 with 1.7 60. I was 3/4 tank full of gas as well. I was using LC @ 4500.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Bias rear, radial front.
Questions:

The away won't be bad through the 1/8th. 100+ gets your attention. One of my passes was 121mph and it was interesting. Just don't over correct and you'll be fine.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the track today, first time ever on a bias ply (28x10.5 17) with radial fronts (275/35/20). The sway on the 1/8th was completely manageable but I'd suggest caution for first timers. You quickly get a feel for it.

Sponsored