Sponsored

Paxton 3.33 pulley low trap speed

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Good Morning

Took the car to the track to see how the car did with new pulley, circled 245 3c and new tires mt et streets R 345/45/17. Previous trip like 6 months before i ran 11.0 at 127 mph on streets tires and 3.6 pulley no circle d ( car is auto 3.15) was making around 650 to the wheels, that trap speed looked low for me at the time but didnt put too much attention. For my surprise yesterday i ran 11.0 again at 130 mph wth!!! car is now making around 740 whp. Not sure what could be wrong but i was hopping for at least 140 mph trap speeds, my best 60 ft was 1.79 which is pretty crappy i think to be stalled. Couldnt get the car to hook at all, tried tire pressure from 21 psi all the way to 16, still spun and i leave side ways for every pass, still that shouldn't affect my trap speed im guessing. DA was at 4477 not sure how big of an impact that could be. Gonna check for belt slip, really not sure what else could be wrong. Any input will be highly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If the da was truly that number,that had a big impact on the cars performance.How was track prep?as that is a bad 60ft for a car with a stall.

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Track conditions were not too good, so im not worried about the 60ft, trap speeds should be higher regarding what the 60 ft times were i thought. And yep that was the DA number, i checked the track page information and i used the DA calculation thing to make sure it was that lol.

yella GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 TY GT Premium
what was the DA before? knowing that is the only way to see how much weather affected you. what was your 60' before? what are your 1/8 mile mphs before and now? or full timeslips. are your shift points the same? same tuner for the pulley change? and the questions can go on. the converter alone is a big change. you should of made it to the track to see how that affected the car before doing the pulley change. you added 3 big changes and its hard to diagnose without info. i'm not even saying that I can help you, but the more info that you give, the more likely someone on here can.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Got a slip? We cant really tell you shit without seeing the numbers.. That DA is a little on the high side but not too bad, 3.33" is a lot of boost is it gated to a certain PSI or no?

Sponsored

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Upss sorry, i trashed them, i was so pissed at the moment didn't think i could need them to get some answers. Best 60 was 1.79, best previous time with street tires and stock converter was better lol 1.77. I know the car was spinning even on second gear, couldn't get traction all night. I thought mt et streets r were the best option for auto cars, looks like im gona have to try hoosiers bias ply. Stil my trap speed should have been a lot higher, 127 at 630 whp and 129 at 735 something is not adding up. Thanks guys for trying to help, im stupid and throw away the timesheets fml. Gonna check everything and have my tuner take a look at it to see whats wrong

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Going side ways doesnt help, you need to be on the throttle quick and stay on it, if you need to pedal it will slow you down. Also why 29.2" tires on a 3.15 gear?

bmoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6
Every 800ft of DA is worth about 1/10th et. I'm not sure how to calculate that into how much mph is lost. Usually a little tire spin won't hurt trap speed and can actually make it go up but a lot of tire spin will hurt it. Especially spinning through second gear or having to pedal it.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Too much tire in my opinion, I dead hook on 305 R's and I make 400whp more, and a 2step. What rear shocks? No way to tell what's going on without a datalog, could be pulling timing up top. Who tuned the car?

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Tires are 305/45/17 not 345, mt et streets R, supposedly best tires for auto i thought. Slicks are better for stick shift right? And yes i had to padle it a lot it was getting loose in second gear, only getting traction in 3rd, Still learning about rwd lol, driving launching tires all that, previous car was an evo x making 500 whp so i never had to deal with traction issues. Car is tuned by local here in Arizona, not sure about pulling timing, im also running meth to keep iat low so car doesnt pull timing at high temperatures. Well yesterday checking the car for belt slip i noticed a lot of oil in the underside of the hood, throtle body and some other spots, belt looked pretty good thought. Well Paxton head unit is leaking oil from the supercharger pulley seal, even thought belt looks good pretty sure all that oil is causing some slip, so i guess i found my problem finding another problem lol, hopefully is not to hard/expensive to fix this leak in the paxton

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Yeah something might be off. I tapped 147 with the 3.48 pulley when i had the paxton.

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tires are 305/45/17 not 345, mt et streets R, supposedly best tires for auto i thought. Slicks are better for stick shift right? And yes i had to padle it a lot it was getting loose in second gear, only getting traction in 3rd, Still learning about rwd lol, driving launching tires all that, previous car was an evo x making 500 whp so i never had to deal with traction issues. Car is tuned by local here in Arizona, not sure about pulling timing, im also running meth to keep iat low so car doesnt pull timing at high temperatures. Well yesterday checking the car for belt slip i noticed a lot of oil in the underside of the hood, throtle body and some other spots, belt looked pretty good thought. Well Paxton head unit is leaking oil from the supercharger pulley seal, even thought belt looks good pretty sure all that oil is causing some slip, so i guess i found my problem finding another problem lol, hopefully is not to hard/expensive to fix this leak in the paxton
If you are from Arizona I would suggest to get a tune by PBD or Lund cause there are no good ford tuners there. I would assume that your going to Tucson Dragway because of the High DA the prep there is SHIT.
Sponsored