Sponsored

ebay intercooler

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone try the ebay mishi knockoff intercooler?

direct fit, comes in both black and silver for 365. Looks pretty good.

Anyone buy it yet?
Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There's a few of us here that are running ebay intercoolers.

I bought the Rev9 Mishi knockoff from Amazon. I think it's the same as the Ebay ones.

Fitment was fine, installed pretty easily, no issues.

I don't race the car and only do occasional full throttle blasts and for that it's been great. I don't have a data logger so I can't say what my Charge Air Temps are, but I'd imagine they're similar to what the Mishi intercooler puts out.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
There's a few of us here that are running ebay intercoolers.

I bought the Rev9 Mishi knockoff from Amazon. I think it's the same as the Ebay ones.

Fitment was fine, installed pretty easily, no issues.

I don't race the car and only do occasional full throttle blasts and for that it's been great. I don't have a data logger so I can't say what my Charge Air Temps are, but I'd imagine they're similar to what the Mishi intercooler puts out.
IIRC there was a thread not too long ago about these. Someone picked them up and they were identical. Just rebrand, probably bought from same manufacturer.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I bought one too, its been on for three months, installed with no issues.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Watch the classifieds section on here and get a used intercooler. I got a map street intercooler for a fantastic deal from a fellow forum member. It's your car at the end your choice but imo a quality intercooler is the way to go

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the classifieds section on here and get a used intercooler. I got a map street intercooler for a fantastic deal from a fellow forum member. It's your car at the end your choice but imo a quality intercooler is the way to go
so these are not quality intercoolers, because you say it isn't?

he asked if anyone has tried it, not what your unqualified opinion is...

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
so these are not quality intercoolers, because you say it isn't?

he asked if anyone has tried it, not what your unqualified opinion is...
Why so offended? If you buy a rev9 or another knockof of a chinese knockoff (AKA mishimoto) you clearly are concerned about price. There is nothing wrong with recommending the OP to look into an american made intercooler that is slightly used and can be bought for less than what he wants to pay for chinese intercooler. And yes it is my opinion, that map, levels, cpe, ets are all better choices, its just my opinion, do whatever you wanna do !

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Why so offended? If you buy a rev9 or another knockof of a chinese knockoff (AKA mishimoto) you clearly are concerned about price. There is nothing wrong with recommending the OP to look into an american made intercooler that is slightly used and can be bought for less than what he wants to pay for chinese intercooler. And yes it is my opinion, that map, levels, cpe, ets are all better choices, its just my opinion, do whatever you wanna do !
Thanks, Ill consider that. But even used mishi's go for 400, a new rev9 goes for 300~350. I guess my question was more if anyone has actually installed one or bought one to see what the quality was like, especially if the mishi and rev9 are literally bought from the same supplier (which seems to be the case).

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
I bought one too, its been on for three months, installed with no issues.
thats good to hear, the actual quality of the intercooler was good though?

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not offended, I was pointing out that OP asked about who had the intercooler, not what opinion of people who do not own one, by proxy, are not qualified to comment on the quality, or effectiveness of the intercooler.

I do not care for your opinion, as in this case, you are not qualified to give it. And thats just my opinion man..

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am convinced it is effective to keep your IAT's cooler than the factory intercooler, fits like factory, and If your goal is more consistent power, with less heat soak, than it is sufficient. I would not use it if you have a goal of 500whp, as there are better intercooler suited to that purpose.

I did throughly investigate if the mishmoto intercooler and the rev9 one were the "same", and I found them to be different enough to not believe that they are manufactured by the same company at all.

You will see a bunch of budget shaming on this board, and I am tired of hearing the opinion of people who don't actually own any of these pieces, commenting on it..

Last edited:
OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
I am convinced it is effective to keep your IAT's cooler than the factory intercooler, fits like factory, and If your goal is more consistent power, with less heat soak, than it is sufficient. I would not use it if you have a goal of 500whp, as there are better intercooler suited to that purpose.

You will see a bunch of budget shaming on this board, and I am tired of hearing the opinion of people who don't actually own any of these pieces, commenting on it.. i
Lol agreed, thats why i specifically asked for someone who has owned the product for their opinion.

Yah, Im just going to put the FP tune on my car which is super modest. This intercooler will be more then enough.

Seems like the quality is not bad, considering it is the same as mishi.

Thanks again

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lol agreed, thats why i specifically asked for someone who has owned the product for their opinion.

Yah, Im just going to put the FP tune on my car which is super modest. This intercooler will be more then enough.

Seems like the quality is not bad, considering it is the same as mishi.

Thanks again
It will be more than sufficient for the FP tune.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
It's not just the quality aspect. It's about supporting the companies that are actively designing products for our cars and not buying from companies that rip them off to make a buck.

But, not my car and not my money.

I'm sure it will work fine though.

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
It's not just the quality aspect. It's about supporting the companies that are actively designing products for our cars and not buying from companies that rip them off to make a buck.

But, not my car and not my money.

I'm sure it will work fine though.
They got them from the same supplier, so they did not rip off mishi. Instead, mishi just has a larger profit margin and taking advantage of their customers and the "reputation" of their brand.
Sponsored