Sponsored

Ambient Thermal Management IS BACK! Celebrate With A Forum Discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Hopefully. this setup will work for 2018 EB too. An efficient/better intercooler is the most important mod you can do to a F/I car without changing tune to break your warranty.
I really hope that's the case. If we can keep the EB platform relatively close, it'd really help the aftermarket segment keep progressing. If they make too many changes as to where many are compatible, the 2015-17 market will stagnate.
Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks John! So the TS BOV fits on the adapter for the stock BPV and there is no VTA or blow off anywhere around the adapter itself correct? It works just like the TS BOV would on the factory charge pipe?
It's 100% VTA. There is no provision for recirculating and is not in the stock location either. Interestingly this setup is a ton quieter than it was VTA on the stock pipe or the mishimoto pipe I was using.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It's 100% VTA. There is no provision for recirculating and is not in the stock location either. Interestingly this setup is a ton quieter than it was VTA on the stock pipe or the mishimoto pipe I was using.
Thanks John, that's what I was afraid of, I'm definitely not interested in a VTA due to how this thing just constantly bleeds of air, too noisy for me.

OP
OP
Ambient Thermal Management

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
I would also like to see the pipes installed if possible. I can't quite make out the material of the charge pipes, but they look like 4 ply silicone hoses?
Good eye! Yes 4-ply silicone hoses. Our silicone is one of the few using interwoven mesh plies which increases strength/reliability. These hoses don't budge! Additionally, silicone has superior insulating properties when compared to any type of hard piping.

Special thanks to PewterCam for the pics and information that was posted :headbang:

Reactions: Ebm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Is it at all possible to purchase just the cold side piping on its own? I have a big turbo kit but would like to replace just my cold side piping with this. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
Is it at all possible to purchase just the cold side piping on its own? I have a big turbo kit but would like to replace just my cold side piping with this. Thanks.
Our current hoses are dedicated to charge pipe kits but this is certainly something we can plan ahead for when we do our next run of hoses :thumbsup:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a question, how does the step work with improved cooling if the bumper directly blocks airflow to it? It is not only behind the bumper cover but the steel pumper as well.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
Here is a question, how does the step work with improved cooling if the bumper directly blocks airflow to it? It is not only behind the bumper cover but the steel pumper as well.
Good question.

A few factors come into play here....For one thing, in low speed situations the radiator fan is still drawing in air through the intercooler. So even though part of the intercooler face isn't openly exposed, it is still seeing ambient air through the core. Another factor is during higher speed situations, the exposed portion of the core is seeing the majority of fresh air but you'd probably be surprised how much air does make it's way in to the portions that are covered. And in either case any amount of ambient air getting to the core is much cooler than the turbo outlet temps so the end result is that cooling is taking place.

These factors combined with the fact that the mass of our FMIC is so large means it will hold cooler temps for longer compared with the competition.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good question.

A few factors come into play here....For one thing, in low speed situations the radiator fan is still drawing in air through the intercooler. So even though part of the intercooler face isn't openly exposed, it is still seeing ambient air through the core. Another factor is during higher speed situations, the exposed portion of the core is seeing the majority of fresh air but you'd probably be surprised how much air does make it's way in to the portions that are covered. And in either case any amount of ambient air getting to the core is much cooler than the turbo outlet temps so the end result is that cooling is taking place.

These factors combined with the fact that the mass of our FMIC is so large means it will hold cooler temps for longer compared with the competition.
I want to piggyback on the original question as well:
Does having such an FMIC like the one being discussed impede air flow or effect the operation of the A/C condenser at all?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
I want to piggyback on the original question as well:
Does having such an FMIC like the one being discussed impede air flow or effect the operation of the A/C condenser at all?
We've had a good number of these units sold and out for a while now with no complaints. Some of our customers are even in hot, steamy Florida and very happy with the cooler IAT's.

Keep in mind the section behind the bumper, while not optimal for the IC or AC condenser still provides cooling, but mostly at high speeds. Yet in either high or low speed situations the AC condenser gets plenty of cool air in through the upper grill opening. Also, we're not the only ones to do an IC like this....in the BMW world there are a few common IC's that cover even more of the condenser than ours with no negative effects.

Hope this helps answer your question! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
Discounts are still available for forum members!

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
it is nice to see ATM is back. I wish your silicon pipes come fit stock BOV. A lot of us, are running DV+ and it would great if we have that option.
Our silicone pipes are made to fit the stock BOV! But it is relocated. Were you told otherwise?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Do you have to delete the shutters with the ATM?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.