Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have an apple phone ,tell me why i should do this update!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have an apple phone ,tell me why i should do this update!
pretty much as m.a.s.e. said, if you have to ask to be sold on it, then it's probably not for you.......

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im asking whats so special about it? I mean what can it do that my i phone cant do?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah i wouldnt use that, its less of a distraction then the phone but its still a distraction from driving!

Thanks for posting link!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just checking to see if there has been any news on the missing Gracenote issue...
wait for the nav update, gracenotes updates becomes available to purchase too

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah i wouldnt use that, its less of a distraction then the phone but its still a distraction from driving!

Thanks for posting link!
I updated mainly because mine didn't come with GPS. So now I can use google maps. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have updated.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Thanks for posting link!
You don't have to use Carplay after installing the update.

Carplay is included in the update but its not all that's included. There will not be a choice going forward of a Carplay version and non-carplay version. It's a good idea to to take updates.

I have no use for a 3D paint program, but I didn't refuse the Windows 10 update that included it. Same with Sync. I have no use for Carplay or Google Auto but am updating Sync for any bug fixes or other enhancements.

Updates to Sync will include published and unpublished changes. Always better to take the updates. Maybe wait a while if you don't NEED any of the "new" features but definitely do it.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im asking whats so special about it? I mean what can it do that my i phone cant do?
well, obviously you should not be using your phone while you're driving, it allows safe receiving/sending sms, music selection, and navigation. I absolutely love Android Auto, it's not for everyone that's for sure, I'd do the update and see if you like it, if you don't, simply don't use it........

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously no cell phone use while driving! I have no issue with my sync in fact it works pretty well straight from the factory. The update may be good for some folks, i know i will never use it!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^ as said, you should take the new update, there's more to the update than Android Auto and Car Play

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
well, obviously you should not be using your phone while you're driving
Obviously no cell phone use while driving!
If you are talking about holding or looking at a phone, I agree. But hands and eye free phone use is less dangerous than things like talking to a passenger.

Sure, talking to a passenger can be a distraction, but so can thinking about what you'll do at your destination, or listening to music, radio, or blinking, or .....

So I won't argue with anyone who opposes phone use if they are even more vocal in their condemnation of those things and never do them (blinking aside).

In the conversation while driving hierarchy from most to least dangerous are: talking to a passenger, talking on the phone, texting (voice).

The reasons phone conversations are less dangerous than passenger conversations are: (1) you don't have to worry about your body language or expression, (2) you don't risk getting hit for saying the wrong thing, (3) there is no desire/need to look at the other party to see their body language or expression.

The main reason voice texting is less dangerous than phone conversations is there is no time pressure. For example, if your wife verbally asks you if the dress she wore last night made her look fat, 95% of your brain instantly goes to making sure you not only say the right thing but say it quickly enough to avoid appearing to have to think about it. If it was a voice text, you only have to worry about saying the right thing and can take as long as you want to figure it out, including waiting until you aren't driving.
Sponsored

Last edited: