Sponsored

Riding in Quebec: The Epic Ride

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
Hi guys, for those close to Montreal Quebec, I regularly organize rides in the Laurentians just 30 min. north of Mtl. The english section of my site isn't updated as my current audience is 100% french, but you can always download the itineraries if need be and rely on the french page for event dates and such.

I alternate through multiple itineraries to mix it up a bit and am always modifying sections with either more twisty roads or ones with less potholes. They vary from 220 to 475km (125 to 300mi) and last from 3 to 8 hours.

These rides have acquired the reputation of being "hardcore", as the pace, length and difficulty of the itineraries aren't for your average Sunday driver.

I'll post all future events on M6G, so feel free to join us for some rad twisty carving in some of the oldest mountains in North America :headbang:

www.epicridequebec.com

:cheers:
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Interesting, never heard of you guys. Are you related to the Montreal mustang club in any way ?

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm cool with the average Sunday driver cause I don't drive on Sunday's :lol:
Sounds like fun. Not sure about doing a run this year, seems like I don't have enough time in a day to get stuff done :mad:
For sure next year time is on my side I hope and who knows, maybe I could sneak in a run this year before our winter hits us.

OP
OP
speedaholic

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
Sorry for not replying earlier guys, my thread reply notifications weren't setup properly.

Interesting, never heard of you guys. Are you related to the Montreal mustang club in any way ?
Nope, this is my first Mustang and the Montreal Mustang Club forums seem slow, so I haven't really visited them yet but will eventually. No wonder you never heard of it as it's a one man show and goes by word of mouth only. I try to stay relatively low profile to keep convoys small and attract the least attention possible to keep cops at bay. I do this strictly for fun and to share the love of driving cars hard.

I'm cool with the average Sunday driver cause I don't drive on Sunday's :lol:
Sounds like fun. Not sure about doing a run this year, seems like I don't have enough time in a day to get stuff done :mad:
For sure next year time is on my side I hope and who knows, maybe I could sneak in a run this year before our winter hits us.
Same here for Sundays AND free time, lol. I had so much stuff going on that I only had time to organize 2 official (publicly posted) rides this season, but definitely stayed tuned for next year as I plan doing one every week if I can.

OP
OP
speedaholic

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
First official ride of the season is this Saturday! Sunny weekend days are scarce this year, but luckily this upcoming one looks promising.

The details:

The ride starts at 10am at the Portes du Nord with a short briefing at 9:45 for the initiates. This one will be approx 130/160k long, around 2.5h total. Short and sweet... I might extend it another 50-60k if the flow is good and everybody is up for it.

Bring a walkie-talkie if you have one as it makes it easier to call out obstacles and cyclists throughout the convoy.

Itinerary link: https://goo.gl/maps/pkQPebwEe6w

Facebook Event (in french): https://www.facebook.com/events/660833224110341

At the moment we are 3 cars and a bike, 3 others to be confirmed but I never know the total until D-day... Feel free to join if you want to let your Mustang rip through the Laurentians with some fellow enthusiasts!

:headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
speedaholic

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
OP
OP
speedaholic

speedaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black base GT
Next ride is Saturday the 19th!

Gamma 1 circuit, tried and true, 3h45 long.
Itinerary: https://goo.gl/maps/r6nuihRrqp82

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Start is at the Portes du Nord at 10 am.

We'll stop for lunch in Ste-Émilie-de-l'Énergie or Chertsey depending on group size:

Small convoy = Resto d'Émilie
Big Convoy = Patate Marco

Bring your walkie-talkie if you have one, I STRONGLY recommend it!

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1732777803416988

Here are some pics from the last ride:

Sponsored