Sponsored

S550 2015+ Mustang OEM HID Replacement Bulbs! Direct Replacement! Same-Day Shipping!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I thought the factory headlights are very nice and white. True colors and maximum visibility. Wouldn't making the light less white decrease the visibility?
You will lose a very small amount of visible output, but the factory bulbs are 4300K, which has a slight yellowish tint to it.

Nick C.
Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Are there any pictures of these installed?? I can't find anything anywhere.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I thought the factory headlights are very nice and white. True colors and maximum visibility. Wouldn't making the light less white decrease the visibility?
yes, absolutely. This is why i hate headlights that aren't anything but stock 4300K HIDs. I'm the kinda person that is all about more visibility. But I can totally see why some people would be okay with losing some output for the look.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
yes, absolutely. This is why i hate headlights that aren't anything but stock 4300K HIDs. I'm the kinda person that is all about more visibility. But I can totally see why some people would be okay with losing some output for the look.
5000K is my personal favorite, you won't sacrifice much usable output (if any) for a much cleaner pure white appearance.

It also matches the factory LED fog lights better as well

Nick C.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Does it fit our eu ballast as well?

And why no led conversions?
We haven't confirmed HID bulb fitment on EU Mustangs. The factory HID system produces exceptional output, converting to LED would actually be a downgrade in terms of usable output and visibility.

Thank you,
Nick C.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
UK cars use a different bulb and ballast.........

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
[MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] any idea when the 5000k and 6000k bulbs will be back in stock?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
[MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] any idea when the 5000k and 6000k bulbs will be back in stock?
They will be back in stock within the next few weeks

We will bump this thread when they are available

Thank you,
Nick C.

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
Great....thank you!

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Any instructions yet on the installation? Video?? I bought these last year and they have been shelved as I am not sure how to install them.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Any instructions yet on the installation? Video?? I bought these last year and they have been shelved as I am not sure how to install them.
We haven't produced an installation video yet, but it's a simple procedure. You may want to take the housings off your Mustang to gain access to the factory bulbs, but it's a plug and play replacement.

Feel free to give us a call for more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I got my 6000K lights from DD today. I installed them without removing the lights from the car.

I jacked up the front of the car pulled tires and fender liners and I was able to get right to the back of the headlights. There is a grayish/white cap on the back of the headlight that you twist to remove to access the headlight bulb. remove the wire connection from the bottom of the bulb and push the 2 wire retainers behind the electrical connection to the outsides and the bulbs will come straight out. It was a little difficult to get the retaining wires clipped back in place and re-installing the wire to the new bulbs. The wire may also fall down inside the light housing. I tried to pull it out and to the side to keep it from falling too far down inside.

There is also a fender support brace that is right underneath the cap that can be removed to help gain access but I was able to change them without taking the brace out.
Sponsored