Trying to get a better grill look

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
My Grabber blue GT looks great but I'd like the grill to have a big mouth look without doing a grill delete. Basically I'd like to get a grill that has no fangs or emblem but with a mesh or honey comb grill. No billet grills.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
look online at most aftermarket vendors. LMR american muscle summit racing etc. most places offer a more open mesh or honeycomb grills. if none of those suit you look in DIY section tons of people have made their own with write ups and what not. there are tons of threads already

Five6K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black Manual
look up racemesh grilles; it should be what youre looking for and they seem to be quality. I bought one but their turn around is about 30 days so I havent received it yet

OP
OP
17again

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
look up racemesh grilles; it should be what youre looking for and they seem to be quality. I bought one but their turn around is about 30 days so I havent received it yet
That's what I'm looking for! please post pics when you get yours.:headbang:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So what I did with mine instead of doing a grill delete I just hallowed out all the honeycomb to give it a really clean look... both upper and lower grille hydro dipped carbon fiber..then I used 3M glossy black vinyl.. really happy with it it gave it a menacing look.
20170219_172323-3024x2268-1512x1134.jpg

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
I second this. Matt, the owner, was great to deal with. He actually cut me one of their plastic mesh options to use for mine (The ABS insert I cut myself). Will hopefully install in the coming weeks. I stole the idea from Nathan Brummer's build.
If you haven't installed yet, can you take a pic of the back of the grill. Wanting to see how the mesh is attached. Thanks

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If you haven't installed yet, can you take a pic of the back of the grill. Wanting to see how the mesh is attached. Thanks
Also, I'm wondering which size plastic honeycomb mesh that was.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
It's the standard plastic diamond. I used the same method as their thick woven wire video: zip ties/mounts and the adhesive

Thanks for the quick response. Wasn't sure if that was the method. Looking to pick up some OEM grills and doing the same. Thanks

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
It's the standard plastic diamond. I used the same method as their thick woven wire video: zip ties/mounts and the adhesive

Ahh, ok. I had thought it might have been the XXL version. The one you use is the perfect look, IMO.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Ahh, ok. I had thought it might have been the XXL version. The one you use is the perfect look, IMO.
Yeah I really like it. Need to find a weekend to actually get it on the car. Can't take credit for the idea though, stole it from [MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION]
:cheers:
Sponsored