zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Cool.
Can you tell looking head on?(from the front ?)
Your car is magnetic right ?
Can't wait till it's finished and painted .
Are you doing the body work yourself ?
I know a guy that does great body work so it should be a piece of cake for him to make it look great!
Looking head on you can tell that the flare is wider then OEM but again it is not as noticeable as a factory GT350. My car is actually Guard! The lighting in the garage was terrible for picture taking... I will be doing the bodywork and paintwork myself so it is likely going to be a few weeks before these are painted and installed. I also have to tackle some hood corrosion as well and will be repainting the front bumper to remove the front license plate holes and rock chips that have accumulated over the years I have owned the vehicle. Basically I want to take this opportunity (since the entire front clip will be repainted and blended to the body of the vehicle) to completely refresh the paintwork and possibly get it opti-coated after.
Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I have these on order from Mrbodykit, and they told me they are backordered due to supplier quality issues.
Hopefully they are fixing some of the issues you noticed.
Thanks for your pics, look great!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I have these on order from Mrbodykit, and they told me they are backordered due to supplier quality issues.
The biggest thing they need to address is the crease underneath the vent. There is no reason why it should be there so smoothing that area out in the stamping would be very beneficial.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I'll let you know. ETA on them is next month.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I bought a set from ikon on eBay this morning for 400 shipped. They pop up every other week or so but sell out real quick.

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I saw these at Ford nationals just a few weeks ago... No offense to any that have them installed but they looked terrible to me when I got up close. The body lines are fairly soft and not "OEM" quality and the vent area was poorly executed. You can tell in some of the pictures but the top body line actually goes up at an angle as it approaches the vent which to me looks terrible when I saw it in person. Does not match the rest of the level body on the door. Some extensive prep work will have to be done to these fenders before paint to make them look good in my opinion. Also, the fenders I saw were already cracking around the vent area...
No cracking in my vent area at all. The fenders are clear bra'd and that's a seam.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Should probably start a new thread concerning the carbon dynamics STEEL gt350 fenders. But I received mine yesterday and decided to send them right back. I didn't even try to fit them on my car because the "vent" fitment is extremely poor. They do not match perfectly with the fender and there are gaps all around it. You may not see this from 10 feet away. But up close it looks terrible and cheap. Also I would have to coat and block sand each fender entirely to look straight. Way too much prep work to look oem. Fitting them on the car is the easy part. And just the beginning... Might as well buy fiberglass at that point.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks for the honest feed back .....just saved me $1500 as I bet it would be at least another $1000 in body shop labor with painting .

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Should probably start a new thread concerning the carbon dynamics STEEL gt350 fenders. But I received mine yesterday and decided to send them right back. I didn't even try to fit them on my car because the "vent" fitment is extremely poor. They do not match perfectly with the fender and there are gaps all around it. You may not see this from 10 feet away. But up close it looks terrible and cheap. Also I would have to coat and block sand each fender entirely to look straight. Way too much prep work to look oem. Fitting them on the car is the easy part. And just the beginning... Might as well buy fiberglass at that point.
To each is their own but I completely disagree with this statement. You are kidding yourself if you think that any other aftermarket body panel will not require an "entire coat and block sand" to look OEM. You might be able to get a bit closer but your never going to find an aftermarket panel that you can just paint and install. These fenders being metal is a big plus because you can deform them and massage them to a extent. That's not possible with any fiberglass or carbon fiber part. I would argue that fiberglass or carbon fiber panels would be more expensive to get right in terms of body work and you still have the issue of cracking to deal with.

Yes the vent mounting could be a bit better with these fenders but that is a small and easy issue to fix. Again this is just my opinion but your not going to find aftermarket body panel that won't require extensive prep work to look OEM.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
crap.
I hope the one month delay on the fenders and hood is enough for them to get these issues figured out. I hope that is what they meant by "supplier quality issues".
OY, maybe i should have stuck it out on the full blown OEM swap.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
crap.
I hope the one month delay on the fenders and hood is enough for them to get these issues figured out. I hope that is what they meant by "supplier quality issues".
OY, maybe i should have stuck it out on the full blown OEM swap.
OEM would have got you the quality but would have been far more expensive in parts cost alone then parts and body work for these panels.

Yes these panels are not perfect but they are by far some of the better aftermarket panels I have seen in a long time. For the most part body lines are crisp and uniform and in the right locations. Some will require a bit of love yes but not terribly complex or expensive to achieve desired results. People are looking for that perfect panel that will just bolt on without issue when that panel does not exist and will likely never exist.... Again, just my two cents...

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I disagree. If you buy cheap sh1t then yes, it will need a lot of prep. But if you pay the money you can get top quality stuff.

I had a full powerhouse amuse bodykit on my 350Z before and it literally needed no prep. Everything bolted up perfectly.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Doesn't really surprise me... CD's stuff is crap. Sam's track record with those fenders and other 350 style parts is not good

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
To each is their own but I completely disagree with this statement. You are kidding yourself if you think that any other aftermarket body panel will not require an "entire coat and block sand" to look OEM. You might be able to get a bit closer but your never going to find an aftermarket panel that you can just paint and install. These fenders being metal is a big plus because you can deform them and massage them to a extent. That's not possible with any fiberglass or carbon fiber part. I would argue that fiberglass or carbon fiber panels would be more expensive to get right in terms of body work and you still have the issue of cracking to deal with.

the vent mounting could be a bit better with these fenders but that is a small and easy issue to fix. Again this is just my opinion but your not going to find aftermarket body panel that won't require extensive prep work to look OEM.
Lol and I compepletly disagree with your statement. First of all yes you can absolutely "massage" fiberglass and carbon fiber just as you would metal. Pretty simple to add material and sand it the same way. I have mounted shitty Fiberglass panels in the off road industry for years. Not even sure why you Keep saying that. These being metal with a terrible production process doesn't make them any better. But hey keep telling yourself that. I would too if I was knee deep in the project. Good luck have fun with that.

"You are kidding yourself if you think that any other aftermarket body panel will not require an "entire coat and block sand" to look OEM."

Huh? You think evey aftermarket body panel is this bad? I have used Fiberglass parts that fit like a glove.

The vent fits terrible and doesn't match with the body lines of the fender. Would have to add material to the vent. Again way too much work.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Well, like zackmd said, it's probably a third of the cost the full blown OEM conversion would be.
I'm in for about $2400 for fenders bumper and hood.
I could have got OEM hood and fenders second hand for that, but there are a lot more parts to buy to go full swap.
Probably $8-10k in parts, another couple of grand in labor.
So, for about a third of the price, I can get pretty close to the GT350 look I want, and yes, you do get what you pay for.
I've got a good shop, so they should be able to give these panels the TLC they need to look good.
I'll post pics for everyone to see in about a month.
My bumpers already arrived, just waiting for the backordered hood and fenders.
Sponsored