Sponsored

COBB accessport Load Des. TQ Ctl (%) limited ??

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
my EB is tuned and bolted on and now my load actual would be higher than load Des so the the ECU closes my throttle (ETC angle)

What do you think? do I need to remove this limit ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Any suggestion ?
Car is fast, but I am asking if she would be much faster without ETC controlling load/boost.

OP
OP

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi!
No answer :-(
I need your help, I don't know how to proceed

When the air temperature are high, throttle is pretty full opened because i need full boost to reach right load

Instead with low air temperature, throttle is about half opened, like to prevent too much "power",

why ?

I would like to install a bigger turbo, but if ECU is already limiting my power, does it make sense to do this mod ?
Thank you

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
What tune are you running?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It sounds like the tune is working the way it's designed to. If you go with a larger turbo, then you have to adjust the tune, i.e. change the limits in the tune, to allow the car to make more horsepower. If Ford tells the tune to make x amount of horsepower and the car is making that power, then the PCM will monitor and limit power above that until you adjust it and tell it isn't okay to make more (by adjusting the tune).

Sponsored

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
It depends on the style of tune you are running. Load based tunes will limit power when a specific load is hit (imo best tuning option). If you are running a load based tune the ECU will take action to stay at that target load because going over that load will stres the motor and may cause damage. Boost based tuning has a target boost level the car will always hit and doesn't account for air density and the lower the air density the more power you will make which means much higher load. A boost based tune that is safe in the summer can very well blow up a motor in the winter due to just calling for a set boost pressure but the power and load will be much higher at that same pressure in the winter due to much higher density of air going into the motor.

Don't even worry about when switching to a larger turbo as you will need a full custom tune anyways.

OP
OP

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Thank you all.
I confirm I have a load based tuned but I am looking for more power, so if increasing the limit is dangerous, bigger turbo will be the only way :-)
Sponsored