Sponsored

Downpipe Suggestions

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
I'm planning on running full bolt ons + e85 tuned by Tune+ soon and was wondering downpipe yall suggest I get. I'm ok with running a catless downpipe. I'm running a MBRP Race Cat Back exhaust if that makes a difference.

There is a local person selling Megan Racing catless downpipes so I was wondering what you guys think about that with my planned setup.
Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I'm running a MBRP Race Cat Back exhaust if that makes a difference.
You either want a catted one or you'll want to add a resonator. MBRP race with catless is loud as hell and somewhat crappy sounding.

OP
OP

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
You either want a catted one or you'll want to add a resonator. MBRP race with catless is loud as hell and somewhat crappy sounding.
Can you link a resonator? All I can find are links to resonator deletes that say they will make my car louder.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Look at the Vibrant bottle type resonators and just get the same size as your exhaust piping. I have had one on my car for over a year now and it's been great. It completely cleaned up the sound and still looks as good as it did on day one. You can get them in various lengths too.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I was told that it would be better to use a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator if I wanted to combine a downpipe (even a catted one) with my MBRP Race, otherwise it will be loud as hell. This is the link to the Vibrant resonator:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1055&products_id=47

Haven't added a downpipe yet, I am still debating over whether the power gains are worth the extra sound and the hassle. Also keep in mind that a tune is suggested if you add a downpipe to exploit its full potential and help you eliminate the smoke and fuel smell.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Ok so i've narrowed it down to MRT offroad downpipe, UPR offroad downpipe, or MBRP offroad downpipe. Anyone run any of these?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Given those 3 options, I'd choose the MBRP hands-down. MRT products are sub-par (IMO) and they have been notorious in the past for very poor customer support. The UPR doesn't have the support bracket in the middle of the downpipe, which I'd prefer due to past experiences with other cars, but would be my second choice due to that reason. The MBRP has everything I'd deem necessary in a downpipe, especially at it's price point.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Just ordered my MBRP 3" Downpipe with Cat (FGS017). Should arrive Wednesday and installing it Thursday or Friday. I am taking it to a shop to get it done. Then going over to Adam for retunning.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Be prepared: in combination with the MBRP Race exhausts it's loud as f@@ck!

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be prepared: in combination with the MBRP Race exhausts it's loud as f@@ck!
Loud in a bad way or sound good but just loud? I actually like it loud as long as it sound good and not some ugly tone lol.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Look, I love the MBRP Race exhausts, I believe they are the best exhausts for the EB. I also like it loud. But I heard the setup you describe in person and, man, it was beyond my limits, LOL! However it's a nice deep tone, just too loud for me and too loud for a long trip. I can send you the link for a video if you want, just pm me your email, I cannot post it here.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look, I love the MBRP Race exhausts, I believe they are the best exhausts for the EB. I also like it loud. But I heard the setup you describe in person and, man, it was beyond my limits, LOL! However it's a nice deep tone, just too loud for me and too loud for a long trip. I can send you the link for a video if you want, just pm me your email, I cannot post it here.
Just sent you a PM with my email... As long as it is a nice LOUD deep sound I am OK lol... I don;t do long trips just use my Stang to go to work and back. Weekends I stay mainly home or use my SUV. Occasionally I take my Stang for a spin. But since I am getting it done at a pro shop, I will add resonators if needed.

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP (Poverty Pack) 2.3T A/T
will add resonators if needed.
You will need need a resonator - they go stupid loud after a dp. I went with a Vibrant ultra quiet but installed it after the dp reducer. It still drones at certain RPM. I have the magnaflow street cat back and mishi dp. Had zero drone before puttting the dp on.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I'm planning on running full bolt ons + e85 tuned by Tune+ soon and was wondering downpipe yall suggest I get. I'm ok with running a catless downpipe. I'm running a MBRP Race Cat Back exhaust if that makes a difference.

There is a local person selling Megan Racing catless downpipes so I was wondering what you guys think about that with my planned setup.
You mean ..

BOOM PLUS

Good luck start building a block ( haha) he is already got one with your name on it.. Not joking ask around..:headbonk:

Cated stainless works

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my MBRP 3" Downpipe with Cat (FGS017). Should arrive Wednesday and installing it Thursday or Friday. I am taking it to a shop to get it done. Then going over to Adam for retunning.
I've been running that pipe with tune+ revision for a year.
Great power increase, much more turbo sound, not at all loud. (Stock resonator and muff!ers)
A+++
Sponsored