Sponsored

broken bumper tabs

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello all,
Took off my bumper today and unfortunately I broke off the passenger side tabs - where it meets the fender. I took off that little 9/32 screw (I think) but again, the tabs just broke off the bumper. Anyone know if there is a fix?

Thanks
Sponsored

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
Yeah I feel your pain. Mine broke when putting my bumper back on. I would love a fix, or atleast a way to cover up the horrible looking gap it can leave. I've even be toying with the idea of some type of rubber weather stripping to simply not make it stand out.

OP
OP
chowman90

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, it sucks. I thought I had seen somewhere where you can attach a quick disconnect device. Some sort of button looking thing.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I used the zip tie method explained by Socaltim in a thread I opened. I finally got around to doing it a week ago as I could not figure out where to put the tie in the tab on the bumber. Reread the post and realized it does not go on the broken tab, it is much easier than that and it works fine to pull the bumper flush. If you look down a little, there is a single tab that a zip tie fits through. Sticking out was annoying as hell

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1875426#post1875426

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used the zip tie method explained by Socaltim in a thread I opened. I finally got around to doing it a week ago as I could not figure out where to put the tie in the tab on the bumber. Reread the post and realized it does not go on the broken tab, it is much easier than that and it works fine to pull the bumper flush. If you look down a little, there is a single tab that a zip tie fits through. Sticking out was annoying as hell

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1875426#post1875426
I assume you had to take off the inner liner to do this? And is it still holding up?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I assume you had to take off the inner liner to do this? And is it still holding up?
Yes, pulled the liner back for access. Still holding up fine