Sponsored

Cost of doing a GT350 Conversion Front Bumper/Spliter on a 2017 GT Premium ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I love the look of the front bumper on the GT350. Whats the total cost to do the Conversion and what parts are needed?

Has anyone on here done it?

Thanks.:ford:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Well there are two options. Someone made a bumper that looks like the GT350 because it's not a direct bolt on as the GT350 has different hood and fenders.
If you want OEM parts, you will have to get GT350 fenders and hood.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Whats the cost for both Options? Witch one do you think is best?

Thanks.

Well there are two options. Someone made a bumper that looks like the GT350 because it's not a direct bolt on as the GT350 has different hood and fenders.
If you want OEM parts, you will have to get GT350 fenders and hood.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

Thanks.
Well the GT350 look alike bumper is just a bumper, you still have the normal hood and fender. Plus because you are not widening the fenders, the headlights sit flush with the fender.
2016-Mustang-Poly-FB_05.jpg

The real GT350 OEM parts will have wider fenders so the headlights sit far in giving it that powerful look.

OEM GT350 conversion will of course be very expensive.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'd have to imagine a conversion with the Motorcraft hood, fenders, and bumper cover would be close to ten grand.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

Thanks.
FYI Ford has an online parts site which includes prices.

http://www.fordparts.com/

If the search link works it will take you directly to the fender page. Otherwise just go to the first page and do the obvious stuff.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2016&m=Ford&mo=Mustang#Search

In the past is worked best with Internet Explorer but I haven't tried it lately with Chrome or Firefox.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I was just about to go down the full blown OEM conversion path.
JWS and BagNasty15 have both done this.

Very involved.
As others have said, probably about $10k or more after paint and install.

Plus it's more than just fender/hood/bumper.
It's fender liners, radiator support, new washer bottle, bumper supports, a bunch of little things.
I got a list from JWS and tried to start putting together a list of actual part numbers from the fordparts site, but it's not that straightforward. The drawings on there break down into multiple sub parts.

I absolutely love the wide look of the Shelby's front end, but I got scared off by the complexity and cost.
It's my DD, so I can't have it sitting for weeks while it's under the knife.

So, i checked out MrBody kit and saw their front conversion kit.
$2377 for the bumper, hood and fenders.
Maybe $4000 after paint and install.
So, $4,000 vs $10,000.
Won't be the exact look i was going for, but it'll give me most of what I wanted.
..and I suppose I can always sell these parts and do the full blown conversion in the future if it really bugs me.

Sponsored

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I did this to my car, Its not hard its jut everything follows something else. Example you can't just buy the fenders cause it won't fit the bumper, you can't just do the fender cause its a different radiator support which lowers it a little. I dont know about 8k. I did it all myself and the front so far has been about 4-5K hope that helps.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Were you paying full pop or were you getting a shop discount. If a shop discount can be had from what u spent that’s not that bad reallt for all oem parts.

I did this to my car, Its not hard its jut everything follows something else. Example you can't just buy the fenders cause it won't fit the bumper, you can't just do the fender cause its a different radiator support which lowers it a little. I dont know about 8k. I did it all myself and the front so far has been about 4-5K hope that helps.

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Were you paying full pop or were you getting a shop discount. If a shop discount can be had from what u spent that’s not that bad reallt for all oem parts.
I didn't have a shop discount. It was all OEM, mostly I just looked up different ford dealer sites and noticed the prices varied so it was mostly the hunt. The cars not done as I have a few more interior and engine things as I want to make a complete GT350

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Did u by chance save ur parts list? I think Ill hit my dealer up and see how it prices out. I was 30% off on my old shop account. Id really like to do that conversion to my convertible.

I didn't have a shop discount. It was all OEM, mostly I just looked up different ford dealer sites and noticed the prices varied so it was mostly the hunt. The cars not done as I have a few more interior and engine things as I want to make a complete GT350

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
$4-5k?
Dang, not bad at all for parts.

The thing that freaked me out was that's it's not just simply hood/fenders/bumper.
Each part number on ford's part website had like a gazillion sub parts.

Did you need to move your intake/washer bottle/fuse box and all that?
Sponsored