Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Go for a street setup. I love magnaflow street. It may seem quiet but after the downpipe it should definitely open it up volume wise. So then instead of going from loud to louder you are going medium to loud. Any of the quality big brands should be good fitment wise. It's the cheap knock offs you have to watch for.

Seriously check out Solo's catback. A good middle ground between street and race

I love my outlaw setup. It's actually too quiet for me. Going g to be removing the resonator with the scavenger y pipe.
I checked out Solo and I like it in some videos and not others. I think i'm just going to have to listen to exhausts in person until I find one that I like. Your car sounds pretty good though.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I checked out Solo and I like it in some videos and not others. I think i'm just going to have to listen to exhausts in person until I find one that I like. Your car sounds pretty good though.
Haha must be nice! We actually have VERY few EB's here, and I have yet to find a single one that has a modified exhaust. Ton's of GT's but very few EB's and even fewer V6's.

So I took a chance and thought the FM Outlaws seemed like a good compromise. I also got them for damn near free haha. And turns out I absolutely love them. They aren't V8 or even V6-esque. But for an I4 it sounds fantastic. Nice and deep and burbly. Actually for a race muffler they are really quiet, the video definitely amplified the volume. Definitely need to grab the y-pipe.

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Haha must be nice! We actually have VERY few EB's here, and I have yet to find a single one that has a modified exhaust. Ton's of GT's but very few EB's and even fewer V6's.

So I took a chance and thought the FM Outlaws seemed like a good compromise. I also got them for damn near free haha. And turns out I absolutely love them. They aren't V8 or even V6-esque. But for an I4 it sounds fantastic. Nice and deep and burbly. Actually for a race muffler they are really quiet, the video definitely amplified the volume. Definitely need to grab the y-pipe.

Yeah, California has a ton of people and it sucks during rush hour but at least there are a lot of mustangs at car meets haha. I just need to go to different meets to listen to ecoboosts.

I'm definitely interested in the FM outback, i'm going to look into their catback version. I just definitely want a turboback exhaust that will be quiet enough as a daily with occasional trips to the track (laguna seca is on my bucket list).

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Yeah, California has a ton of people and it sucks during rush hour but at least there are a lot of mustangs at car meets haha. I just need to go to different meets to listen to ecoboosts.

I'm definitely interested in the FM outback, i'm going to look into their catback version. I just definitely want a turboback exhaust that will be quiet enough as a daily with occasional trips to the track (laguna seca is on my bucket list).
Idk if you have seen his videos, but [MENTION=18599]iEcobeast[/MENTION] has the FM catback with downpipe on video. He has the black with teal accents (sick looking car). A couple videos on it. If you check out my thread iirc he said the FM catback + dp is pretty damn loud lol.

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Idk if you have seen his videos, but [MENTION=18599]iEcobeast[/MENTION] has the FM catback with downpipe on video. He has the black with teal accents (sick looking car). A couple videos on it. If you check out my thread iirc he said the FM catback + dp is pretty damn loud lol.
I think I found a clip of it on youtube. It is pretty loud haha.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
For anyone who has the Full-Race catback, is this what your mid pipe and resonator look like?

It's a lot smaller and different than what they advertise on their site, and worried I might of gotten some type of track car version or something. They could of just changed their design recently, but I'd like to verify.

I am trying to reach out to them to verify, but of course getting 0 response. Figured I would ask here.

Xup0pOx.png

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Hello guys,
Here is an amateur question to y'all. I have decided I need more sound from my ecoboost. I do not want to change the entire exhaust set up. I need good deep sound when starting/idling and not a rattling kind of noise when driving / cruising.
What kind of set up would you guys suggest? I have hit 30k miles mark, if that is something to consider and have no other mods like CAI or tune ups or anything.
Appreciate your advices.
2015 Ecoboost PP
-Hemanth

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Hello guys,
Here is an amateur question to y'all. I have decided I need more sound from my ecoboost. I do not want to change the entire exhaust set up. I need good deep sound when starting/idling and not a rattling kind of noise when driving / cruising.
What kind of set up would you guys suggest? I have hit 30k miles mark, if that is something to consider and have no other mods like CAI or tune ups or anything.
Appreciate your advices.
2015 Ecoboost PP
-Hemanth
Do a custom setup like mine. Magnaflows on the rear with a resonator in the middle. It flows well, it's fairly quiet until you really lean on it, and it's cost effective. I get a ton of compliments on it and most say it doesn't even sound like a 4 banger. Lol

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] out of curiosity, how did you do it? Magnaflow competition and street are catback exhausts. Did you simply install a resonator between the downpipe and the exhaust itself by cutting out a part of the exhaust pipe (12" or 18" for example, so that the resonator can be welded there)? Do you have by any chance a photo of the setup from under the car? IIRC you have a Vibrant resonator, right?

I am asking this because a friend of mine has the MBRP Race exhausts (like myself) and he wants to quiet down a little bit. I told him to install a bottle style 3" Vibrant resonator and he needs to know how to do it.

Thanks

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
[MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] out of curiosity, how did you do it? Magnaflow competition and street are catback exhausts. Did you simply install a resonator between the downpipe and the exhaust itself by cutting out a part of the exhaust pipe (12" or 18" for example, so that the resonator can be welded there)? Do you have by any chance a photo of the setup from under the car? IIRC you have a Vibrant resonator, right?

I am asking this because a friend of mine has the MBRP Race exhausts (like myself) and he wants to quiet down a little bit. I told him to install a bottle style 3" Vibrant resonator and he needs to know how to do it.

Thanks
Yeah, I cut a section out to fit the Vibrant bottle type in there. I've been exceptionally pleased with it and it still looks great too. I'm building a new setup right now and doing something very similar with larger diameter pipe. Check out mufflers by Jones Exhaust, the Full Boar lineup. They're identical to the Magnaflow at half the cost. They're built just as good too. That's what I'm using on my new setup.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. And as far as I remember you use this setup with a cp-e high flow catted downpipe. Considering that the MBRP Race exhausts have a very similar sound to the Magnaflows, I assume that I should be fine if I install the same downpipe and a bottle type resonator. I am very concerned about the loudness and the sound quality of the whole setup if I add a downpipe, because I really like the sound of my MBRPs alone and I don't know how the addition of a downpipe + resonator will affect it.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
So I picked up the race version of the full-race catback (single resonator only) and boy is it louder than I thought. Not so much exterior noise, but the drone. I guess I am getting old.

Just FYI for anyone that buys it, what they have pictured isn't the catback anymore. They now have that super small race resonator that probably does zero, and not the chambered large one shown. If I would of known this, I probably would not have bought it.

Anyone have an opinion on the the quietest muffler would be for a turbo 4 cylinder like these? I thought about just using the vibrant streetpower mufflers, but they are straight through and not sure if I should be looking at a chambered instead. I want the drone gone mainly, but the rest could use a quiet down as well.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Do a custom setup like mine. Magnaflows on the rear with a resonator in the middle. It flows well, it's fairly quiet until you really lean on it, and it's cost effective. I get a ton of compliments on it and most say it doesn't even sound like a 4 banger. Lol
Thanks!! Where did you order all your parts? I am still trying to figure what each part mean and where to get them installed lol.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So I picked up the race version of the full-race catback (single resonator only) and boy is it louder than I thought. Not so much exterior noise, but the drone. I guess I am getting old.

Just FYI for anyone that buys it, what they have pictured isn't the catback anymore. They now have that super small race resonator that probably does zero, and not the chambered large one shown. If I would of known this, I probably would not have bought it.

Anyone have an opinion on the the quietest muffler would be for a turbo 4 cylinder like these? I thought about just using the vibrant streetpower mufflers, but they are straight through and not sure if I should be looking at a chambered instead. I want the drone gone mainly, but the rest could use a quiet down as well.
Chambered mufflers are bad news on turbo cars.

I ran a Lethal performance y-pipe and NXT Step Performance axle-back on my EB. It wasn't overly loud and I never noticed any drone. Nice deep tone at idle, no raspiness at high RPM.
Sponsored