Sponsored

Guys running e85

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Installing my Fore E85 complete fuel system this week and appreciate all the tips.
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Never had any issues with e85 here and any gunk on the injectors. I daily drove it for a year and a half on e85 before going supercharged and my injectors looked perfect when I pulled them. Not sure if you're talking about deposits in the motor, but I've seen motors torn down with 80k+ of e85 use and they're spotless.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I suspect goo is from something other than the ethanol. Hints at it cleanings remnants from gasoline use seem plausible. E is a pretty solid solvent.

Due to its inherent properties, E needs a little help in the lubricity side of things. I run a top end lube generally found in alcohol cars. Maybe a few ounces to a tank every 3 months or so. Plus it smells great (grape is where it's at).

I haven't had a pump gas car since E became a thing and have never had this issue.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I suspect goo is from something other than the ethanol. Hints at it cleanings remnants from gasoline use seem plausible. E is a pretty solid solvent.

Due to its inherent properties, E needs a little help in the lubricity side of things. I run a top end lube generally found in alcohol cars. Maybe a few ounces to a tank every 3 months or so. Plus it smells great (grape is where it's at).

I haven't had a pump gas car since E became a thing and have never had this issue.
That's my theory too. People that drive xxxxx miles on regular pump gas and then switch to ethanol, it cleans out the sludge and shit in the tank and transfers it down the line. What lube do you run?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That's my theory too. People that drive xxxxx miles on regular pump gas and then switch to ethanol, it cleans out the sludge and shit in the tank and transfers it down the line. What lube do you run?
He mentions it smells of grape. So it's most likely Manhattan oil, groovy grape. I find the Lucas fuel cleaner to work better and much cheaper, it's also an upper cylinder lube. 1 gallon is 20-30 bucks and treats roughly 625 gallons of gas.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
fore fuel system, good filter, lucas conditioner, what we run, and then some occassional race gas / pump to clean the system

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Stupid question I guess but since these are known issues with E85, why don't the ethanol distributors add these conditioners/additives to the fuels the same as they do with gasoline?

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
For what its worth, i use the lucas stabilizer (green stuff) extensively in all our builds. my car has sat for almost a year on 3 different occasions and both time it fired right up with the old fuel and ran perfect. i JUST had my ID2000's sent to boost lab to have them checked and cleaned and they were almost perfect so i FIRMLY believe in the product. the main thing it does is all lubricant to the fuel and it keeps moisture at bay. the two most important things.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I guess there's not enough oil being introduced into the fuel to negatively affect octane rating.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
He mentions it smells of grape. So it's most likely Manhattan oil, groovy grape. I find the Lucas fuel cleaner to work better and much cheaper, it's also an upper cylinder lube. 1 gallon is 20-30 bucks and treats roughly 625 gallons of gas.
Yeah, I run thdon’t Manhattan Top End Lube https://pitstopusa.com/i-5067221-po...-16-oz-grape-fragrance-treats-55-gallons.html

I get it stupid cheap locally so that what i run with. I get 3-4 treatments per bottle IIRC.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Checked every injector and they looked pristine...brand new. So...guess I'll just keep an eye out.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
fore fuel system, good filter, lucas conditioner, what we run, and then some occassional race gas / pump to clean the system
So do you have to upgrade the entire fuel system (pump, lines, rails, etc.) to run E85?

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
So do you have to upgrade the entire fuel system (pump, lines, rails, etc.) to run E85?
If your car is stock and your talking about running a power adder,yes u need Injectors pumps and new lines.U can use the stock rails.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
If your car is stock and your talking about running a power adder,yes u need Injectors pumps and new lines.U can use the stock rails.[/QUOTE

No power adder. NA. I probably posted this in the wrong section and just did a search for "Running E85". Just trying to determine if the stock fuel system pump, lines and filter are adequate. I know you're supposed to change out the injectors for 47lb's.
Sponsored