Sponsored

Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace for V6

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know a few of you guys have installed this already for our V6 and I'm just curious, what spacers did you use? Any issues with them?

I'm trying to avoid using motor mounts and lowering the engine.

And if you have added the STB, did you feel it was worth the money?

Thanks
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
well I have the answer and have asked the question about which ones to get before and links to buy the right thing, but nobody has replied to that part, lol.

what u need is 1/4 inch spacers. they will work.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
and yes it does add benefit but do it in conjunction with be steel cowl brace. most tbink they have it but it's just plastic on our v6s

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I've seen the notes about the plastic cowl brace so I'll make sure to swap it. Did you ever put yours in yet or no?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yup, I've seen the notes about the plastic cowl brace so I'll make sure to swap it. Did you ever put yours in yet or no?
I put the steel cowl brace in. i haven't found spacers thick enough to do the job for the strut tower brace. it's why I keep asking for someone to post pics of what size they used and where to buy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing you're talking about inner/outer diameter measurements right?

My plan to add in the STB right now might be on hold due to some computer issues, depending on how it acts the next week or so I may just buy parts for an all new build.
[MENTION=15036]DR_[/MENTION] got his installed with "3/8" of washers between K brace and strut tower". DR_, any chance you could give more details on it?

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I put the steel cowl brace in. i haven't found spacers thick enough to do the job for the strut tower brace. it's why I keep asking for someone to post pics of what size they used and where to buy./QUOTE]

I took a a sheet of paper pushed on the stud to get the inside size. Went Ace hardware and got wide 1/4" rubber washers. did this 2 1/2 years ago and still don't have any problums.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
IMO the upper K brace is what provides most of the rigidity. The strut brace part looks good but is kind of a pain in the ass. Yes 3/8" of washers need to be used and then the brace touches the hood mat (see indention in photo). I also have more NVH with the strut brace, probably from hitting the hood mat.
picture.jpg

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
How hard is it to put the steel cowl brace "K" on a V6? Any ideas about that part? I've read it actually does more than the over the engine part (which could be added later anyway). Especially interested for coupe rather than convertible.

Last edited:

herkybird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2017 V6
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the upper K brace is what provides most of the rigidity. The strut brace part looks good but is kind of a pain in the ass. Yes 3/8" of washers need to be used and then the brace touches the hood mat
I just purchased a brace from blue oval for my 2017 V6. How many washers did you use under the brace? Did you need washers on both the driver and passenger side?

(see indention in photo). I also have more NVH with the strut brace, probably from hitting the hood mat.
picture.jpg

Sponsored

herkybird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2017 V6
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the upper K brace is what provides most of the rigidity. The strut brace part looks good but is kind of a pain in the ass. Yes 3/8" of washers need to be used and then the brace touches the hood mat (see indention in photo). I also have more NVH with the strut brace, probably from hitting the hood mat.
picture.jpg
I just purchased a brace from blue oval for my 2017 V6. How many washers did you use under the brace? Did you need washers on both the driver and passenger side?

herkybird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2017 V6
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Ford Performance strut tower brace, strut tower covers and installed Ford hood struts.

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg
Sponsored