Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
How much timing are you seeing to net these power numbers?
Sponsored

Prbarnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 tuned f150 ecoboost, 2015 gt premium auto
Doesn’t that guy Sc Ruby make like 850whp on 93 plus octanium with the gen 3?

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
greedy horsepower fools.......the whole lot of ya!

I think if I may interject here most of us are pissed at the planned obsolescence
of the Gen 2 . I mean I have a gen2,and its runs great and smokes the tires at 50MPH
but much to my dismay I am now behind the curve and under-powered and its ALL WHIPPLE'S FAULT.

I think Whipple should come up with a trade up program to keep us all happy

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
greedy horsepower fools.......the whole lot of ya!

I think if I may interject here most of us are pissed at the planned obsolescence
of the Gen 2 . I mean I have a gen2,and its runs great and smokes the tires at 50MPH
but much to my dismay I am now behind the curve and under-powered and its ALL WHIPPLE'S FAULT.

I think Whipple should come up with a trade up program to keep us all happy
They have lol. They have created a used blower market. Guys are selling their G2 (self included) to people who are happy to buy one and now have a complete “no blower included” kit for them to buy to use with the used blower and overall saving a good amount of money.

Kenny Bejones even created Whipple selling group on FaceySpace

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im not doubting the blower & the gains I have said this in every post. I'm not bashing Whipple, I have owned a 5th gen camaro with a Whipple & loved it! I'll just get to the point since it's being over looked. What I'm say is it retarded to make this much power on pure 93 & state this is what it will do guys have at it. If your not a tuner & just put parts on a car because so & so did it ok I can understand your misunderstanding. But it's very misleading as a vender or a company selling a product to post without any disclaimer that 815rwhp is what it will make on 93, even the guy above that is making 750+ is driving a ticking time bomb on 93. If you get into stoich ratio of 93 octane vs E85/Race fuel you will have an understanding why you only see 700, 750, 850+ cars on 93/meth, race fuel or e85. You want to buy a G3 you made a good choice no doubt, if you want to drive a 750+ whp car on 93 & think your good, your idiotic unless you want to have a good reason to tell your wife you need the money for a new short block :cool: then your an undercover genius. :clap2:
Ok now I see what you are saying and I can get behind your point. My cars and my buddy’s car absolutely made what I mentioned above on pure 93 is the point I wanted to make. My data logs were absolutely fine but as a piece of mind from that day forward I use Boostane because I know better.

But nowhere, anywhere have I seen vendors or Whipple say people will be safe, or suggest only using pure pump gas. They simply showed what a car was able to make on the specifics of how the car is set up on 93. When people came on this thread and called them out for lying they simply said what they posted is what they got on 93 and 93 only, not “hey everyone go out and run 93 only on your car”.

The argument in this thread is wether the results they posted are in fact what they say they are. As in, are they lying about how they got to those results. I am saying I completely take them for their word and can back that up based on my own experience.

Note: If anyone ever wants to buy Boostane there is a online code of BOOSTANG which will give a significant discount buying from their website :headbang:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How much timing are you seeing to net these power numbers?
I see spikes of 22° Or better under WOT but it mostly stays around 19°

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Well the info is on page 1 so now you have seen it. What I'm confused about is that people have seen 750RWHP from a manual under right conditions and 93 octane, I think everyone can agree upon that.

SOOO, what if the SC took 40HP less to turn, had less leakage, thus lower temp, thus lower boost. Now were at 790RWHP, not 800, but we can't make another 20RWHP with injection timing being optimized, maybe better cam timing?:frusty:

Just so you know, here's a graph of a G3 on a stock 2016 manual mustang with only Borla Cat back, on our hopeless 91, 3.75" SCP at 85+ degree ambient. :thumbsup: What happens when you put LT's, 3.50", 93, better conditions than our desert like weather???
I have have near identical mods to the 815 whp car in question.
Hook me up with a killer price on a gen 3 and I will put all this disbelief to rest

Last edited:

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I just want folks to have an educated decision, people take so much from these post especially from venders & run with it. There's a lot of people with more money than sense when it comes to the whole big picture. I've learned the hard way from similar situations & I don't won't the next guy to have a misunderstanding or bad experience from a vague post is all but rant over. Back on topic WHIPPLE FTW!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Why post 815 rwhp on straight 93 if it's VERY VERY risky to run it that way,well I will tell u why SALES!!! and all the blower company do it.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
STD at 815 so not really 815 if corrected to sae would be under 800 tricky tricky lol

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
It's pretty crazy how some of you guys seem to know more about new Whipple tech than even Whipple knows.
Lol i dont think you understand what a hail marry dyno run or quarter mile pass does to push products or allow vendors to claim they make the most HP or run the fastest times.

Some will go through great lengths to stake their claims