Sponsored

Sound Concern

blakmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
My car fitted with roush axle back and custom h pipe "resonator delete".

Im looking for more loud setup. Since im limted in budget the long tube headers are out of reach i was woundring if shorty headers will make any difference in terms of sound which i doubt since they car still have stock cats after the shorty headers and conected to h pipe. Personally I dont think with axle back and h pipe the shorty headers will incarcess any sound level from the current setup what you guys think?.

Can anyone advise.
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
shorty headers will give it a deeper sound for sure. not really much louder though....but it will sound nicer for sure

going catless makes it loud AF....just know that lol...like...tooooo loud especially with roush...I tried that with a catless x pipe....sounded wicked on startup, but it was so loud, and so raspy, it was basically un drivable

OP
OP

blakmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
shorty headers will give it a deeper sound for sure. not really much louder though....but it will sound nicer for sure

going catless makes it loud AF....just know that lol...like...tooooo loud especially with roush...I tried that with a catless x pipe....sounded wicked on startup, but it was so loud, and so raspy, it was basically un drivable
Well this what im looking for tooo loud. The x pipe that your talking about are like the bbk catless short pipe for long tube headers? Check engine came in?

Did you install your shorty after having h or x pipe did you notice the deeper sound immediately or was oki? Off the topic did you use bbk gaskets or brand new oem ones?.

Im not sure yet if the shorty are really worh it or no.