2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Now, can we all send positive V8 vibes to the '21MY team? Whilst I'd welcome some form of Ecoboost 6, I still want to see a V8 in the next-gen Mustang :ford:
With upcoming cafe standards, V8's will become a thing of the past, just like carburetors, metal bumpers, and front bench seats. Consider the outrageous surcharge and tax Europeans have to pay for larger displacement engines. It's a new era my friend, say goodbye to 5.0.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Just in time for me to buy at 7G S650 to add it to my 6G S550. They will love each other in the garage:love::D

Not sure my garage of 3 generations of V8 powered mustangs will accept a non-v8 sibling.

Also have a nice spread of 10 years of seperation between each car. Breaking the trend and having a car born on a year not ending with a 5 doesnt feel right.

Wonder if they will at least keep the chassis of the 550 for 10 year run like they did with the SN95 and SN197. Basically drop the V8 and do a body change while keeping the chassis/suspension.

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I really, really, really hope Ford will still develop the V8 engine and keep it around. Of course this is against everything today. Emissions, fuel economy etc etc. Everything points towards going for smaller engines with turbos in the future, unfortunately.

If Ford ditches the V8 in the upcoming gen of Mustangs, I am going to keep mine for decades to come.

Sponsored

usa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
All it will take a economic downturn to happen to push all these dates out. I'd be shocked if Ford got a whole new generation of Mustang to the market by 2021 model year. Volumes for cars like this make it hard to justify massive redos on a 6 years cycle. I hope I'm wrong, but history shows sports cars tend to have long shelf lives.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
I wonder if the platform will remain relatively unchanged and the styling and tech will be updated. Ford put a great deal of R&D into the S550, seems too soon for a ground up redo. With the potential new name being S650, maybe it will be more like the transition between '98 and '99 with the "new edge". I do think the exterior will morph into something that looks more like the Evos with some GT styling elements.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Maybe because that design is atrocious. It looks more like a GM design. Perhaps a Camaro mixed with a Corvette. I'm not getting a Mustang vibe from it.

Maybe you should stop.
Hmmmm, opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and just because you don't like someone else's doesn't mean yours smells any better.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I wonder if the platform will remain relatively unchanged and the styling and tech will be updated. Ford put a great deal of R&D into the S550, seems too soon for a ground up redo. With the potential new name being S650, maybe it will be more like the transition between '98 and '99 with the "new edge". I do think the exterior will morph into something that looks more like the Evos with some GT styling elements.
A S550 platform done more in aluminum for the structure would be close enough, yet different enough, to earn a similar yet "more advanced" codename.

Sponsored

DJMoxieLAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium - MT, Black
Now, Team Mustang, don't bother too much with the styling proposals for '21MY.....just use this as a starting point (not too sure why this didn't get beyond a sketch for S550!)

(apologies, I know I've posted this serveral times before, but just want to ensure Ford gets the message :p )

I like it!! However, I do get a 90's Camaro vibe a little. If you bring the edge of the hood forward a little more over the bumper, it would look more Mustang. And the tail looks a little too much 70's Camaro. Other that that I would totally be interested in this design.

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like it!! However, I do get a 90's Camaro vibe a little. If you bring the edge of the hood forward a little more over the bumper, it would look more Mustang. And the tail looks a little too much 70's Camaro. Other that that I would totally be interested in this design.
The rear end gives me a Viper vibe. Not sold on that design.

A Mustang is a Mustang. Keep it simple and original. The S550 is a hit, maintaining the heritage although going forward design-wise.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Now, Team Mustang, don't bother too much with the styling proposals for '21MY.....just use this as a starting point (not too sure why this didn't get beyond a sketch for S550!
It looks more like a GM design. Perhaps a Camaro mixed with a Corvette. I'm not getting a Mustang vibe from it.
I agree. It is a nice design, but looks a lot like the new corvette to me. Actually, I think they came as close as they could, but kept it looking like a Mustang.

7TH GEN W/O V8! Look at the new turbo FORD GT w/o a V8. Very likely imho. That is what got me off the dime and into a Mustang showroom for my 2015 GT.
Of course, if the V8 does go away for Mustang, our GTs are worth all the more (not that I would ever sell it).

:clap2:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nothing to get excited about yet...we still got a mach 1 and a gt500 to be had.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.