Sponsored

anyone trade in a R

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
Has anyone traded in a R model. Did they give you a fair value. Saw some get decent values on non Rs.
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Depends on dealer. I was talking a Ford dealer in the middle of the country that offered me 48k for my R with a few hundred miles on it. Another one said their source vauled trade in around 79K, but they werent interested at that price.

Its going to be all over the place. YMMV.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Has anyone traded in a R model. Did they give you a fair value. Saw some get decent values on non Rs.
I was just pondering this same question. Fair market value in the used car market is over MSRP, but I bet very few dealers would pay that. I bet they price close to a standard 350 trade in, then advertise at 50-100% higher than they bought it for.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I was thinking of driving my R to one of the dealers that has a $30K ADM on their R and seeing what they'll give me for a trade towards a Raptor. I think it would be comical to see them offer me $55K for mine with 300 miles on it while they want $100K for theirs.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I'd do it while the values are high. Getting one for cheap now is easier than doing it back then. It will continue to go down once a new top dog mustang comes out.

OP
OP

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
I haven't got an estimate on it yet but they called about it a few times. Thinking of getting another truck. I don't know what I want to do.

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Never will sell the car. If you are trading id do it asap.
i respect this, but I never say never. I felt that way about a few cars previously, but as time passes I've learned that I'll probably never keep a modern car forever (but it may take 10-15 years for me to move it). I've been star struck in the past (brand new Z06, brand new M3 to name a few, etc.) and they all were "never going to sell" worthy at the time I bought.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
i respect this, but I never say never. I felt that way about a few cars previously, but as time passes I've learned that I'll probably never keep a modern car forever (but it may take 10-15 years for me to move it). I've been star struck in the past (brand new Z06, brand new M3 to name a few, etc.) and they all were "never going to sell" worthy at the time I bought.

I'm with Jim on this one. This is one of the best cars for the money that ford has ever produced. I also feel it may be one of the last of its kind (5.2 N/A FPC). It has been on top of the heap for the entire production run (in its class) and I believe it marks the apex of what ford performance has produced up to this point.

If I was a person who could only have one car, I would agree with you because either there is only so much room in the stable or money in the wallet. My stable has only three stalls, 2 permanent and one rotating. The first stall is for the wife's 97 cobra. The second is for HR871. The third is being occupied by HR361 and depending on what comes next from ford, it may very well go (only so many stalls).

So my point is that I feel the 350R is special in every way to the point that I will keep one for the rest of my life. For this reason, I bought the 8yr warranty and would have gone for more but that was the max I could go.

If I could only have one, I would have to agree with you because who doesn't like the latest and greatest and a little variety.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yeah, non of the cars you mentioned are as limited production as the 350R or as a significant an achievement as the 350's have been for ford. Also, the legacy of the Ford GT350 moniker is worth it's weight in gold. I will not sell mine, period. See I did that and did not say never. ; )
Sponsored