Sponsored

Got rear ended...totalled?

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
that's a lot of damage even before airbags deploying. i'd be willing to bet she's totaled.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Holy sheet metal. +1 to totaling out.

You okay man?

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Did the cops find the person who hit you? Safe to say she's totaled :(

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I was rear ended in an Audi A4. At first it wasn't totaled. When they found that the main wiring harness was severed, that brought the total cost to repair up. However, since they had already started the repair, they had no choice but to finish it.

Looking at your car, it reminds me of my old Audi. It definitely should be totaled. Don't let them start work on it until you have the right quotes. Ask for genuine Ford parts too. You want to bring that bill up as high as possible. If I remember correctly, the cost to total the vehicle has to be 80% of what the resale value is.

Hope you're ok dude.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
yea im fine, honestly i barely felt it lol. I little bit of whip lash but i was sitting in nuetral with out my foot on the brake so it pushed my car more than anything. If i had my foot on the brake im pretty sure the truck tires wouldve been on top of my car.

No police didnt find them. The police didnt even show up as a matter of fact. Just made a report with my insurance.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
so should i be looking for a new one lol?
Not yet. Get your rental car first. Let the adjuster from your insurance come and see the car. If they don't total it, get quotes from other body shops. I'm sure you can pick who should work on your car. If the other body shops don't consider it a total loss, then you have no choice but to get it fixed.

****Disclosure****

BTW, I'm no insurance guy. I'm just a guy who had some unfortunate experience with this in the past. Maybe someone with actual insurance background can elaborate in more detail.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
So like the title says i got rear ended. I was making a left hand turn on a two lane road and some guy in a lifted f250 hit my car..then took off. smh...
So how bad is the damage? totalled?

Man you got hit hard. Air bag deployed, roof kinked, quarters crushed. Hope you are OK.

Only reason people run is because they are dirty. (Warrants, DUI, Under suspension)

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Good to read you weren't injured, that was no love tap. You called the police and reported a H&R and they don't show up? That's crazy, too.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Wow that looks totaled but with insurance companies you never know.

Go talk to the shop you had it brought to and make sure they price everything out at OEM price points and nit pick everything.

Your insurance adjuster will see their estimate and you'll have a cheque in hand quickly.

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
SOB's that hit and run. More and more of this happening. Glad to hear you feel ok, but give it a couple of days. You took a pretty significant hit. Not an expert adjuster but, the amount of damage from the pictures and not looking into internal damage My guess is that it will be totaled.

Last edited:

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Having seen other posts with rear quarter damage I would say its totaled. Something about the back end of our cars just screams high prices. Sure most of it is labor to fix all the sculpted bodywork since its one piece.

Glad your ok