Sponsored

Safest Place To Store Your Mustang During A Hurricane

Where would you store your car during a hurricance if you had no garage.

• Public Storage

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Parking Garage

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Stay at home & hope for the best

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other option ....

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ok chime in because IRMA Cat 5 Hurricane is about to hit Florida this weekend and unfortunately I don't have a garage. Huge debate between my friends about
Public Storage versus Parking Garage. Rain (Flooding) versus Wind (flying debris). What would you do ?
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ok chime in because IRMA Cat 5 Hurricane is about to hit Florida this weekend and unfortunately I don't have a garage. Huge debate between my friends about
Public Storage versus Parking Garage. Rain (Flooding) versus Wind (flying debris). What would you do ?
If you are in an evacuation area, I would say the safest place is somewhere not in Florida, with you in it.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Not in Evacuation Zone

If you are in an evacuation area, I would say the safest place is somewhere not in Florida, with you in it.
Can't leave because of several reasons.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If you can't leave and don't have a garage I would try to rent a storage unit that has them for vehicles. It will at least protect it from flying debris. If you are getting one probably better get it soon before they are all rented.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like the parking garage. Park up high to avoid the potential flooding. And in the center of the parking structure. So as to avoid flying debris

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can't leave because of several reasons.
I live in ( S/W ) Florida,I live in a concrete block construction house, with a double car garage, hurricane doors and windows and hurricane garage door,I am going to ride the storm out with my Mustang, locked safe and sound inside,but a cat 5 hurricane who knows,if it will be ok.:)

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly agree with bluebeastsrt, it's what I plan on doing with mine. My place seems okay, but might flood. My mom's probably won't flood but there are a lot more trees around. Probably leave it at Pembroke Lakes mall in the garage towards the center.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I say parking garage. If it comes where we are (western NC) we will move the cars outside into a parking garage near the hospital. And we will have my mustang and my mom's Boxster in the garage (which is where they are all the time). Prayers for you and Florida. My sister is in Gainesville. She's watching the news very closely to decide if she'll come up here with her dog. And we'll just have to deal cause her dog doesn't get along with our dogs. Luckily, my mom and I are home all the time so we can help her.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Move it to another State out of hurricane range...

Sarcasm...

But in all honesty, if you have seen hurricane devastation in person (such as I have and we lived through Sandy's destruction a few years back), hurricane force winds in excess of 75-100+ can and will knock over cement structures and lift vehicles.... no kidding at all.

I for one would definitely not chance parking anything of value in a parking garage - under it or on top - no way.

If there's no way to getting vehicles out of hurricane range, then make sure you read all of the fine print in any/all current insurance policies you have as to what WON'T be covered in the event of a catastrophic hurricane such as Harvey or coming Irma storm systems. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm being totally real... most people don't know what their current Policies will or again, WON'T cover when it comes to storms, especially those that will or can cause major damages to homes or vehicles.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Palm Coast Fl we took a 85% hit from hurricane Matthew about 11 months ago.

My next door neighbor's kid who has a Dodge Challenger drove it around to the back of his house and parked it under their partially covered patio, they have a garage but his dad has his truck and motorcycles in it.

I have nice 2 car garage and my Mustang is always parked right in the middle of it, so no worries for me, lol.

TC

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Commercial parking garage will probably handle the most. Just don't pick the underground type. ;)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Anyone got a GT350? Send it over to me and I'll look after it in the UK, will be 100% safe from hurricanes

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Feel sorry for you guys and your poxy weather!
Sponsored