2019 GT500 Caught Benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sticking to my guns, I bet its 10.5 or under and it breaks 800 HP.
Yeah, who knows, maybe they tested it with DR's, it would still need almost 900 HP to get those figure.

Yep, BmacIL, posted that it wasn't supercharged like the competition (in other words) so its not a roots type.
Never said that actually ;)
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Never said that actually ;)
Ok;)

I just took this as meaning its different than the others:

BmacIL said:
No one will be disappointed in the specs (except GM and Dodge) unless they're convinced it has to be a very specific forced induction method.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I totally agree Hack. Appeal wise I love the 350 over the 1LE I'm just simply saying from a performance numbers perspective the 1LE with cup tires is like 98% of the performance of the 350 at a lower cost.
I agree with your point here.

Performance vs. price has never been and will never be a linear function, though. As you get to the top performers, the cost increases substantially. To extend your argument I could probably buy a 5 year old 'vette and add some aftermarket stuff and outperform either car for less money.

And part of my point was about enjoyment, not just performance. I am not interested in a Tesla, even though it's way faster 0-60 than my car. Part of the reason GT350s have gone for over MSRP and Camaros are already heavily discounted. People want the GT350 more. Obviously it's not all about performance for the dollar. People believe that the GT350 is special.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don;t think the new GT500 is going to be an automatic only car.
Is that what others are saying here? Is that what I'm reading?
I'm sure it's going to be an option besides a standard Tremec 6 speed manual.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don;t think the new GT500 is going to be an automatic only car.
Is that what others are saying here? Is that what I'm reading?
I'm sure it's going to be an option besides a standard Tremec 6 speed manual.
I would think it would be standard with the DCT option $$.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What I don't get are the people who come on here and say, "I've waited too long for this car sonim going to get something else." Ok... see ya. Since when did Ford owe anyone anything regarding what they do/don't intend to build?

This modern day America... smh.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This! Plus an added benefit is they can drive 30 miles north to Leakey and hit up the Three Sisters (AKA: The Twisted Sisters) for some corner carving! :thumbsup:
Googyear PG in San Angelo! .. and the steel penny pub...
Actually thinkn bout running 3 sisters and working backroads all the way to Alpine and Fort Davis where the highs are in the 80s and lows in 60s. Not this weekend but next Aug 4,5,6,
Maybe make a run down to Terlingua/bomb river road/Presidio and back in memory of Carroll.
Maybe get a beer at the Railroad Blues.

Plenty of nice places to catch sleep, Gage Motel, Lost Maples, car camp in mountains where its cool at night, Big Bend, Indian Head, Starlight Theater, Davis observatory...

I'm just wondering if that 2.6 (2600rpm) is reference to it's 0-60mph because it sure as hell isn't consistent with the road speed.

attachment.jpg
Dunno, But the 963 Easter egg is the GT500 crank HP.
Gonna link to this post when it comes out.

I was lucky to hear some details/news from an anonymous source who has a link to someone on the inside working on the development of the next GT 500. Initial target HP was a 1000 HP but has since been dialed back to 800-850 HP. Engineer's figured there would be too many issues with drivetrain holding up with the 1000 HP target. The car will be supercharged. Release is supposedly Fall 2018.
Hmmm... I heard over 950+ crank mechanically capable and yes SC.
I am bumping my guess to 963... Thats like 800 rwhp capable...
Wish Ford would just release rated at some silly sandbag rating like 500.
Numbers game is silly.

And no, no freakn way the 2018 is only 460hp. These cars are going to quarter mile and dyno way higher and raise some eyebrows. They just picked a marketing number 5 higher than 455, lol...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Put a set of sport cup 2 tires on a 1LE and all those test numbers we'll be even closer and for 20k (not including ADM) more I'd expect the R to be faster.
doubt it, the supercar 3's and the cup 2's are in the same performance category if i am not mistaken, the cups might have a slight edge but not enough to get the 1le within the margin of error.

but i agree the R and the base for that matter should be faster (compared to the 1le) given it is the halo model.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Good post, I was thinking about how rare a centrifugal SC is a while back and when I looked up the history (on production cars) most of it was what you mentioned above. I think it could be pretty unique. I think it could legitimately run a 10.4-10.6 IF it's trapping 133-135. The advantage it has over those Hypercars is they make a lot less power as soon as those batteries are drained and not nearly the amount of torque. Also the 3 main Hypercars have all been recorded at 9.8 or faster with traps in the mid-high 140's.
If there were room for duals they would just have went with a parallel Twin Turbo.

They are openly claiming over 808hp now and I'm sorry to say, in the 5-5.4 liter range, a roots type supercharger probably won't get you there OEM.

The bump in the center of the hood on the GT500 is from a Hot V Ecoboost setup. They may have tested the FGT's parallel twin turbo 3.5, especially in the Fender gill prototypes. Although, if two snail chargers can fit then two parallel turbos would too.

I would check out BMW's and AMG's Hot V BiTurbo they just developed. They are even more efficient than the parallel twin.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Googyear PG in San Angelo! .. and the steel penny pub...
Actually thinkn bought running 3 sisters and working backroads all the way to Alpine and Fort Davis where the highs are in the 80s and lows in 60s. Not this weekend but next Aug 4,5,6,
Maybe make a run down to Terlingua/bomb river road/Presidio and back in memory of Carroll.
Maybe get a beer at the Railroad Blues.

Plenty of nice places to catch sleep, Gage Motel, Lost Maples, car camp in mountains where its cool at night, Big Bend, Indian Head, Starlight Theater, Davis observatory...

Dunno, But the 963 Easter egg is the GT500 crank HP.
Gonna link to this post when it comes out.

Hmmm... I heard over 950+ crank mechanically capable and yes SC.
I am bumping my guess to 963... Thats like 800 rwhp capable...
Wish Ford would just release rated at some silly sandbag rating like 500.
Numbers game is silly.

And no, no freakn way the 2018 is only 460hp. These cars are going to quarter mile and dyno way higher and raise some eyebrows. They just picked a marketing number 5 higher than 455, lol...
v8ccqht.jpg

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I love it how people still think HP numbers are fudged, like it's 1968. They're SAE rated, no fudging.

I mean, you see people dyne new cars, they're never over what they say, and within spec for the expected drivetrain loss.
Sponsored