kenne bell supercharger

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
Hey guys I have a 2015 mustang gt, I'm looking at a kenne bell 2.8LC Mammoth. I have the roush bumper, I was wandering if I will have any issues? Been on the border of either the Roush Phase 2 or the kenne bell. Any input would be great thanks.
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Ask Travis@boostworks he is a Kenne bell dealer good dude.

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Roush Phase 2 will give that 'stock' look

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
think for the price of a KB you could do twins. i dont see many KBs

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sure the KB is badass, but you will need to change the motor mounts I believe. Unless you have a "taller than stock" aftermarket hood installed. May or not be a consideration for you.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
the kenne bell is a great kit, but i wished i would have looked harder at the centri kits. i may have liked them better.

money no object/have to do it again? twins or underhood single turbo. hands down.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Go Whipple and don't look back!

Give us a call if there's anything we can help you with.

Sponsored

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO. Kenne Bell 2.8lc
Go Kenne Bell. The 2.8lc base kit was awesome and was super easy to install. Right now I am tuning with Lund and more boost/e54. The car is an absolute animal and its only on the second revision. Every time I call with questions or need something they have been awesome. I am running the Roush bumper as well and it fits awesome.

OP
OP

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
Such hard decisions. You mind showing a picture of you're car beerhasvitamins?

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If you ever plan to return your car to stock then you might consider something other than the KB. You must modify a bunch of stock parts, and I don't want to even consider the option of putting mine back to stock because the install was very involved. The instruction booklet had over 500 steps and many changes to sections that were just in separate documents, so you had to check and double check everything because they might have slipped in a change to the install booklet. The instructions are very detailed with lots of pictures, but none of the parts are grouped together. Basically you have to hunt through 30 different individual bags of parts for one particular step out of 500, because for some reason KB doesn't want to make it easy.

If you've done the install hundreds of times like Travis has then it's easy, but it is not easy if you've never done one before. I had more hours than I can recount in the install, and a lot of the time was spent just picking parts out of bags and trying to make sure I had the right ones.

The KB has been reliable, but I still have some very bad drive-ability issues that I think are tune related. I've spent a lot of time getting tune revisions but then I got busy with life and assume once I get back at it the drive-ability issues will get resolved. Mine is a daily driver and gas mileage has been good for the power it makes.

If I had to do it over again I probably would have went with Procharger, or turbo, just because at some point I'll probably want to sell the car and return it to stock, and instead I'll probably just sell the car with the KB at a loss because I don't want to mess the headache involved in returning it to stock.

It is a good reliable system that I've put many, many miles on.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
If you ever plan to return your car to stock then you might consider something other than the KB. You must modify a bunch of stock parts, and I don't want to even consider the option of putting mine back to stock because the install was very involved. The instruction booklet had over 500 steps and many changes to sections that were just in separate documents, so you had to check and double check everything because they might have slipped in a change to the install booklet. The instructions are very detailed with lots of pictures, but none of the parts are grouped together. Basically you have to hunt through 30 different individual bags of parts for one particular step out of 500, because for some reason KB doesn't want to make it easy.

If you've done the install hundreds of times like Travis has then it's easy, but it is not easy if you've never done one before. I had more hours than I can recount in the install, and a lot of the time was spent just picking parts out of bags and trying to make sure I had the right ones.

The KB has been reliable, but I still have some very bad drive-ability issues that I think are tune related. I've spent a lot of time getting tune revisions but then I got busy with life and assume once I get back at it the drive-ability issues will get resolved. Mine is a daily driver and gas mileage has been good for the power it makes.

If I had to do it over again I probably would have went with Procharger, or turbo, just because at some point I'll probably want to sell the car and return it to stock, and instead I'll probably just sell the car with the KB at a loss because I don't want to mess the headache involved in returning it to stock.

It is a good reliable system that I've put many, many miles on.
same boat as you TBH. i did talk with a local shop that swapped from KB to another system and they told me the removal wasnt too terrible. if my car doesnt sell, im going that route, back to N/A at least.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would say that the "modifications" to the stock parts hold true for any FI route you go, and are pretty minor. There's no cutting on the engine timing cover, or replacing thermostat housings, etc.. you do have to massage a few things here and there, but I'd consider it one of the better kits out there in terms of mods required.

Yes, the bagging of parts is a bit random.. I usually lay it all out on a table before I start. But it's something that could be better for sure.
Sponsored