Sponsored

Hidden Key - Who Knew??

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I read my manual and the key I knew about. For some reason I had no clue about the sunglasses holder.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
No offense but I feel if people would just take time to read there manual it could save a lot of miss information on our forums (example the guy saying the manual said NOT to put oil on the oil filter gasket when installing filter when it actually says TO oil it) and some believed him and thought your not to oil it and could have lost there oil causing engine to be ruined. Also would allow for info that really needs addressed rather than things that are right there in the manual.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I tried to read it all but since I seldom turn the radio on, never use navigation, don't change the AC settings the only thing I figured out was how to turn the display off. So I skipped the Sync3 section of the manual

Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I read my manual and the key I knew about. For some reason I had no clue about the sunglasses holder.
^ yep. what he said and still the external trunk release button I only discovered last week....oh and the hiidden compartment above the glove box to put the manual in came as a pleasant surprise as well.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
No offense but I feel if people would just take time to read there manual it could save a lot of miss information on our forums (example the guy saying the manual said NOT to put oil on the oil filter gasket when installing filter when it actually says TO oil it) and some believed him and thought your not to oil it and could have lost there oil causing engine to be ruined. Also would allow for info that really needs addressed rather than things that are right there in the manual.
And all of the people saying their windshield wipers are broken because it keeps hitting the hood. :headbonk:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
^ yep. what he said and still the external trunk release button I only discovered last week....oh and the hiidden compartment above the glove box to put the manual in came as a pleasant surprise as well.
Hidden compartment above the glovebox?! HOLY HELL!!!! Thank You. My Glock should fit in there.

I read the whole manual but don't remember the manual telling me where to put the manual, lol

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Of course Ford couldn't have done it as easy as Toyota by pressing the keyfob to the start/stop button. That would have been too obvious and too easy.

mustang crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Gt & 2008 GT 500
If you had a great sales person should have known and shown you everything on the car.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In defense of salesman though a lot are just out to sell car and know little about them only the basics. I'm out to our GM and Ford dealership a lot just visiting and it would be impossible for them to know every single thing about a vehicle for sale. They have to know the basics that most people ask and even take online tests from there company periodically to see they are up to date on the basics. I suppose if you wanted in depth info you could ask to see the owners manual and set down and browse through it your self.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I shamefully admit that the first time I drove my '15 GT, the dealer had the car facing out so had no need for reverse when I drove away. Stopped at a store on the way home and took me a good 10 minutes to figure out the transmission has a reverse lock-out......(I've owned several manual vehicles and this is the first to have a lock-out feature)

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't feel bad I drove my GT350 home and into the carport. Later when I got ready to back out couldn't figure out how to get it to go in reverse. Had to get the owners manual out to see how its done. (ha ha)

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
In defense of salesman though a lot are just out to sell car and know little about them only the basics. I'm out to our GM and Ford dealership a lot just visiting and it would be impossible for them to know every single thing about a vehicle for sale. They have to know the basics that most people ask and even take online tests from there company periodically to see they are up to date on the basics. I suppose if you wanted in depth info you could ask to see the owners manual and set down and browse through it your self.
In my opinion, a good salesman should take the time to learn the features of the car they are selling. Nothing drives me crazy more than going to the dealership and hearing a salesman spitting out tons of wrong info about a car and having to correct them myself. :tsk:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
My salesman was the best in all my purchases. He knew everything about the car.

I don't read the manual because I like the little pleasant surprises, such as yesterday when I found out I don't have a jack.
Sponsored