Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Lol the mustang guru there is full of it. It's not a fake, it's just a draft.

I hope your right, and the guru is wrong....I would like to think that what we have all been looking at, has some if not all trues to it. I can not wait to get the completed version and really put to rest what you can and can not get on the GT350 and the GT350-R

Questions I want cleared up would be what things can you delete from the GT350 (for example) small lip rear spoiler...hate it functional of not.
Another is the adjustable head rest on the leather GT350 (how is that even possible with a RECARO seat? It looks to me to be completely stationary)

BTW this guru, claims to have been invited to many of the "behind close door events" will see if its all a lot of hot air.... if most, or if not all, of this mysterious order guide that leaked is accurate, as you have said. :cheers:

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I hope your right, and the guru is wrong....I would like to think that what we have all been looking at, has some if not all trues to it. I can not wait to get the completed version and really put to rest what you can and can not get on the GT350 and the GT350-R

Questions I want cleared up would be what things can you delete from the GT350 (for example) small lip rear spoiler...hate it functional of not.
Another is the adjustable head rest on the leather GT350 (how is that even possible with a RECARO seat? It looks to me to be completely stationary)

BTW this guru, claims to have been invited to many of the "behind close door events" will see if its all a lot of hot air.... if most, or if not all, of this mysterious order guide that leaked is accurate, as you have said. :cheers:
whole point of the gt350 is function over form so i doubt any "functional" accessories will have a remove option

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Really want a 350 track pack with tech package.
Or add a back seat and belts for my kids on a gt350r with tech pack.

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Lol the mustang guru there is full of it. It's not a fake, it's just a draft.
You guys keep saying that, but it's so full of wrong information. That kind of stuff wouldn't go on a draft. And why would a draft get sent out to dealers?

I'll note again: Front only carbon-ceramic brakes? No cars have only CCB on the front and Ford never, ever mentioned this car having CCB. It would have to be a pretty terrible draft to include this info.

And weird that this guy is the only one in the world who saw the 'draft' order guide on the Ford system and put it on the net.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
You guys keep saying that, but it's so full of wrong information. That kind of stuff wouldn't go on a draft. And why would a draft get sent out to dealers?

I'll note again: Front only carbon-ceramic brakes? No cars have only CCB on the front and Ford never, ever mentioned this car having CCB. It would have to be a pretty terrible draft to include this info.

And weird that this guy is the only one in the world who saw the 'draft' order guide on the Ford system and put it on the net.
Also in a Ford interview he said the "R" would NOT have CCB on the front of back...because of price issues

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

FWIW you forget there were prototypes spotted with carbon brakes up front and steel in the rear so there is at least some basis for what is in the guide. No idea if it will happen, but just pointing out facts:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7452

IF it's offered I would hope it is optional.

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You guys keep saying that, but it's so full of wrong information.
What wrong information specifically?

And why would a draft get sent out to dealers?
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=229178&postcount=1

UPDATE 3: Added latest Order Guide (7/1/14 version)
UPDATE 2: Added latest Order Guide (5/20/14 version)
UPDATE 1: Added latest Order Guide (5/13/14 version)

3 earlier versions of the 2015 order guide went out to dealers.

See post above mine.

Ford is quick to correct outright lies like they did with the silly V8 is dead rumors from HP Kings. You think they would let a "fake" order guide get spread around with the company's name on it and just stay quiet? No freakin way.

Now it is possible they tested it (that much we know) and decided against CCB and this guide could just be extremely outdated. But Ford also has been quiet about packages and options on the GT350.

Cook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fast
Could be saving the carbon brakes for another variant.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I am willing to bet they made a trade off, carbon wheels vs carbon brakes.

In an interview one Engineer said the wheels were painted black. Because the brake pads gave off so much dust when customers drove their cars around the corner..... So we must be dealing with a brake/or pads that we have had in the recent pass.

Fordlandia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Vehicle(s)
1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mark II, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mark I, 1965 356C Porsche, 2016 GT350, 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
It still is not clear to me if Recaros are the only option (cloth or leather trimmed). I'm 6-2 and 235 pounds... and the Recaros just don't work for me. Really uncomfortable to sit in. If it only comes with Recaros, I'd have to replace the driver's seat and put the original seat in storage.

I also wish there was a more "retro" looking (non-black) wheel option.
Sponsored