Sponsored

FRPP Track package help.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Isn't the FRPP bar 35 mm? That's the size lateral lock you want.
Just rx'd my FRPP track pack kit and for giggles measured the bar at the mount point: 37.338mm +-. I don't see a dst dll137, so 138 is the closest match.

:cheers:
Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
I purchased the sway bar locks that dentalguy gave us a link to and finally got to installing them today. The link dentalguy provided are the CORRECT size locks.

For anyone that is thinking about getting these, GET THEM! I haven't gotten my car onto the track yet, so just my road driving had caused the sway bar to shift off-center, so I'm sure I would have had some clunking and/or rubbing if I had gotten the car onto the track. I had to pry the sway bar back into position before cinching down the locks.

Don't assume the sway bar will re-center itself just driving around. I can't believe Ford Performance didn't take that into account and provide stops with their kit. :shrug:

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the update- great info and nice to hear that this worked out.
I'll be ordering a set of these locks as well since I'm having my track pack installed next month.

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Are they needed for the front and the rear sway bar? And which size do I need to buy?
Does anybody have pictures how it looks installed?

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Are they needed for the front and the rear sway bar? And which size do I need to buy?
Does anybody have pictures how it looks installed?
The rear sway bar in the Ford Track Pack has lateral locks built into the bar, so they are only needed for the front. Get the size noted above for the front. I will try and get a photo of them installed when I have time.

Sponsored

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Thanks.

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tough to get a good photo of them installed.

My track pack suspension has been on since last year, so the following should be the best way to do the install. If you are doing it at the same time as the track pack install, you may be able to go in through the engine bay since you already have things dissasembled.

I pulled the plastic belly pan so I had a little more room to reach both hands up in there from underneath. I actually have a lift, but with the time it takes to get the screws tightened in those tight quarters, I think it ended up being easier putting the front end up on Jack stands and laying on the creaper.

The only place to install was outside of the sway bar mounts, with mounting screw heads facing up.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have the FR kit coming soon and just ordered a set of the lateral locks. Thanks for the tip!

Question: are aftermarket adjustable sway bar links essential with the track package upgrade? I think I read somewhere that the OEM link can bend with the heavier swaybar but you'd imagine Ford took this into account when designing the kit?

Also bandit67 were you able to install the kit without the use of aftermarket jacking rails? It's once part I have avoided given shipping them to Aus is a killer so hoping I can get it done with my flat top padded jack stands!

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My factory links have not bent in 1200 miles on the kit, but that's only street use - haven't taken it to the track yet, so don't really know. FR doesn't say anything about replacing, but that doesn't really mean anything, since they didn't address the front sway bar movement, and didn't do such a great job with their power pack tuning either, so I question more and more how particular they really are lately when designing upgrades for us.

I do not yet have the jacking rails - I'm waiting for the new low profile BMR ones to be released. Still no damage to the seams on my 2015, and it's been up on jack stands a half dozen times, and another half dozen additional times on floor jacks alone. Not sure if the S550 seam is any stronger than my S197, but those started to take some damage before I added the BMR subframe braces, which I use as jacking rails. You should be fine so long as you haven't had the car up more than a dozen times so far. Just set the stands at the jacking points while lifting with the floor jack a little further back, and be gentle going up and down onto the jack stands. I think the issues are the guys on the track trying to get the car up, down, & onto jack stands quickly & dropping the car onto the stands, and a lot of track weekends could put the car up & down 8-12 times over 2 days, so over time, that weakens the seams.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
When you say lift with the floor jack a little further back from where you set the stands, do you mean still jack from the pinch weld or further inboard? I understand there are some lifting points on the front k member and rear cradle but they could be hard to reach with a floor jack.

Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further back on the pinch weld

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Did the track pack install over the weekend. I lined up everything the best I could and pre-installed the locks on the bar *before* feeding it into place. Worked out perfectly. Can't really see it in the pic, but there's about 1/16 to 1/8" gap between where the bushing sits and the lock.

One thing to note... the bar has a lot of bends, and there's really no "perfect" place to clamp the locks which will be perfectly in line with the bushings. (At least that I could figure.)
DSCN2076.JPG

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Did the track pack install over the weekend. I lined up everything the best I could and pre-installed the locks on the bar *before* feeding it into place. Worked out perfectly. Can't really see it in the pic, but there's about 1/16 to 1/8" gap between where the bushing sits and the lock.

One thing to note... the bar has a lot of bends, and there's really no "perfect" place to clamp the locks which will be perfectly in line with the bushings. (At least that I could figure.)
Any pics of your car with the track pack installed to get an idea about the stance?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Any pics of your car with the track pack installed to get an idea about the stance?
Here's a before and after... stance is perfect for me. Before it felt like the front end was higher than the back. Now it's got a very subtle rake.
DSCN2049.JPG
DSCN2141.JPG

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That's exactly where I installed mine. Really no other place to put them.
Sponsored