Sponsored

Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers installed:

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
UPR is now a Ridetech dealer, so I ordered Ridetech's Level 2 Coilovers immediately after I bought my 2016 5.0. The Level 2 coilovers are single adjustable on the rebound stroke, and they retail for $2400.
Actually, single adjustables work compression not rebound do they not?

Great write up!
Sponsored

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
man wish i could ride in it to feel them. i've been in an rs3 with roush coils and was mind blown, I wonder how these are. Group buy on coilovers???!! :D [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION]?!

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] check these out.
Josh might be able to provide some insight. They had a Roush in for air suspension right before doing mine. I'd assume it came with the coilovers from Roush.
Thanks Steve!

I was in the Roush several times before we swapped it over to our coilovers. Without a doubt, there is still a BIG change. Granted, it was a little better than a stock GT but there was still alot of room for improvement. :thumbsup:

Actually, single adjustables work compression not rebound do they not?

Great write up!
Sharad is correct, these SA's adjust the rebound dampening.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Thanks Steve!

I was in the Roush several times before we swapped it over to our coilovers. Without a doubt, there is still a BIG change. Granted, it was a little better than a stock GT but there was still alot of room for improvement. :thumbsup:

Sharad is correct, these SA's adjust the rebound dampening.
Which is one of the things that improved. These do a much better job of getting the tire replanted on bumpy surfaces. One of the things mine did on the previous suspension is chatter and skid sideways in bumpy corners. Better now.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
Which is one of the things that improved. These do a much better job of getting the tire replanted on bumpy surfaces. One of the things mine did on the previous suspension is chatter and skid sideways in bumpy corners. Better now.
Correct. One of the biggest things that we noticed with Steve's car and the Roush was the terrible bounce that it had after hitting bumps. The rebound control in our shocks made a tremendous difference. It made it much more predictable and easier to control (not to mention the ride quality).

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
so i gotta be honest because I know very little about coilovers other than what the terms mean but I've never owned any.

but since there is no big spring on the ass end now with those...and there is a little spring on the shock with these coilovers... I mean can anyone really explain how that feels? Especially for a DD? It just seems like there is less to soak up the energy. Last thing I would want it to feel like is my cousin's 240 on coils which feels like you are riding with concrete blocks. Every bump is like BAM.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
so i gotta be honest because I know very little about coilovers other than what the terms mean but I've never owned any.

but since there is no big spring on the ass end now with those...and there is a little spring on the shock with these coilovers... I mean can anyone really explain how that feels? Especially for a DD? It just seems like there is less to soak up the energy. Last thing I would want it to feel like is my cousin's 240 on coils which feels like you are riding with concrete blocks. Every bump is like BAM.
The wheel rate and available travel are what's important here. Wheel rate is the spring rate times the motion ratio of the spring/damper travel to the wheel travel. The motion ratio is determined by the geometric locations of the spring & damper relative to both the tire contact patch and the control arm pivot points. The smaller springs aren't problematic at all given a full understanding of the prior wheel rate as stock and what it changes to with the spring now having the same motion ratio as the damper. These being the same is advantageous for tuning.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
^ I think that means the spring is in a different place and therefore doesn't need to be as big to give the same support?? Leverage

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
^ This. The car has leverage on the spring, and so the spring needs to be stiffer.

I like how RideTech requires stronger support by the body, since that is now also the spring anchor point. But that requires drilling there. Not so easy going back to stock, I assume.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
^ This. The car has leverage on the spring, and so the spring needs to be stiffer.

I like how RideTech requires stronger support by the body, since that is now also the spring anchor point. But that requires drilling there. Not so easy going back to stock, I assume.
Uses stock mounting as normal. New attachments are drilled below. You can see the lower left in the photo. If you went back to stock you would have a couple of additional holes below your top shock mounts.
image.jpg

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If I remember correctly Josh told me this car with a basically stock drivetrain was running times close to Ridetechs 48 hour Corvette which is basically a racecar. Impressive indeed.
That would be faster than !!! :)

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you get any noise from the fronts ? I've been waiting for the weather to warm and is has and I've gone in there re-checking everything up front etc but I get a lot of noise from the fronts over bumps.
No noise at all out of mine. And I'm very sensitive to new noises and rattles. Not that the noises bother me, but I just hear every little thing.

It can ride as cushy or as stiff as you want it to. Soft springs and damping turned all the way down would ride soft and comfy like stock. Stiff springs and damping cranked up, and it rides stiff but not too bad... and the handling is amazing!

I thought about that, because I change cars often, but they simply unbolt. I could have the stock suspension back on in about 3-4 hours. There is no permanent modification required with this kit.

Ah, now I get it. Fantastic, and thanks for the photo. Makes perfect sense. Good design.

Ridetech is 141 miles from home. Hmm .. free install with system purchase? :D
DO IT!!! You'll be glad you did! :)

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
man wish i could ride in it to feel them. i've been in an rs3 with roush coils and was mind blown, I wonder how these are. Group buy on coilovers???!! :D [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION]?!

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] check these out.
I saw this, they look pretty sweet, but as little as I drive my car I think the Koni setup will be plenty fine for me.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I want coils. But.... I need headers more