Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Spring review

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I installed my Steeda Progressive springs and bump stops today! It took me about 5.5 hours from start to finish by my self with a couple minor hiccups. Wow what a difference in ride quality! They are amazing. Definitely stiffer, but not bouncy. I am so happy with the results. I tried to get the alignment bushings in, but i couldn't get them to go. They were all about 1/16 or so out, so I said screw it, and didn't install them or fight with the sub frame. I was thinking of getting the IRS subframe support braces, but with the subframe being out of alignment I might just pass on those for right now, and just really enjoy the new suspension. I would post a pic but the couple that I took are apparently to large of files.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Steeda Progressive springs and bump stops today! It took me about 5.5 hours from start to finish by my self with a couple minor hiccups. Wow what a difference in ride quality! They are amazing. Definitely stiffer, but not bouncy. I am so happy with the results. I tried to get the alignment bushings in, but i couldn't get them to go. They were all about 1/16 or so out, so I said screw it, and didn't install them or fight with the sub frame. I was thinking of getting the IRS subframe support braces, but with the subframe being out of alignment I might just pass on those for right now, and just really enjoy the new suspension. I would post a pic but the couple that I took are apparently to large of files.
Send them to me at [email protected] ... we'll get them posted!

TJ

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Progressive springs + pro-action shocks/struts. Very happy with looks and performance.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Progressive springs + pro-action shocks/struts. Very happy with looks and performance.

Very Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
what size/brand wheels and tires?

do you have a side shot?
Wheels: WedsSport sa55m
Specs: 18x10 36 offset
Tires: Yokohama S Drive 275/40/18

I was going to get Indy500 but they were on backorder here.

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
Just installed my steeds progressive springs and couldn't be happier the stance is perfect and the ride is excellent. I did the install my self and it wasn't to bad. I need to get more pics but this is it after install and wash.
IMG_0437.jpg

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
steeda progressive s550 lowering springs

Just installed my steeds progressive springs and couldn't be happier the stance is perfect and the ride is excellent. I did the install my self and it wasn't to bad. I need to get more pics but this is it after install and wash.
please post a side shot.

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
This is the only one I have right now I'll take better ones in a couple of days.
IMG_0440.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That's what we love to hear!

When you are ready for the next steps in your suspension ... let us know!

Best Regards,

TJ

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Have had my Progressives installed for over a month and maybe 200 miles. Have not had an alignment yet, even though the car is tracking straight. Should I install the front camber bolts prior to going in for an alignment? Are front camber bolts required even?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mine went back to factory spec without any camber bolts. Mine also felt great before the alignment, but it was way off and eating up the tires. Drove even better after alignment. Don't put it off too long.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Have had my Progressives installed for over a month and maybe 200 miles. Have not had an alignment yet, even though the car is tracking straight. Should I install the front camber bolts prior to going in for an alignment? Are front camber bolts required even?
Buy a digital angle finder and measure where your car's wheels are at for camber. Use Ford's approach to the use of 'camber bolts' if you must (full strength bolts in elongated holes in the strut 'ears').

Of greater importance might be toe, which does shift slightly when camber changes for any reason.

Norm
Sponsored