Sponsored

Airlift installed (professionally) but A few issues (airlift guys I need your advice)

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi everyone,

I picked up the car yesterday from the installer. He told me a few things.

1) The car cant go stock height because the rear brake line get pull on hard. So he removed the oem bracket and use some ziptide to keep the line from catching on other parts. He said if I drop the rear lower then he can bolt it back but my max ride height will be at 1inch lower then OEM.

2) I see everyone able to hid their compressor in the spare tire area but the install said there is enough line to do so with the tank mounted on top. He suggest I call Airlift to get a longer line and he will redo it for free. (Pic 1)

3) How did everyone able to get proper alignment? The alignment shop said they cant get their tool in to adjustment it unless we drop the struts. My installer suggest maybe grind off the strut opening a bit to have some space for alignment shop to get it to 0. I am running a slight negative camber right now. (pic 2 & 3)

Any advice and suggestion would be greatly appreciated. The installer and the alignment shop said they will re do everything for free once I figure out what I like after a few days of driving.
19451537_10208683197057075_1394281230_o.jpg
19478123_10208683197137077_60196761_n.jpg
19239778_10208687354641012_301545646_n.jpg
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1. I have no idea what they're on about. No such issues on my car.
3. Did they relocate the camber adjustment bolts to the inner holes or did they just leave them as supplied by Airlift? Have a look and you'll see what I mean.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
1. I have no idea what they're on about. No such issues on my car.
3. Did they relocate the camber adjustment bolts to the inner holes or did they just leave them as supplied by Airlift? Have a look and you'll see what I mean.
Can you give me take some pics of your car? I would love to have some reference to show the installer.

PaintItBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 5.0
1) Never heard of that, but my car is a GT. If I were you I would verify what he is saying myself.

2) I installed my tank like yours, and my compressors is in the spare tire well. I installed a PTC fitting in the end of the braided hose from the compressor and ran air line to the tank. No need for a longer braided hose.

3) Either take the struts back off and move the adjustment bolts to the inside holes, or slot the strut to knuckle holes (this is how the Ford dealership did mine).

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
1) Never heard of that, but my car is a GT. If I were you I would verify what he is saying myself.

2) I installed my tank like yours, and my compressors is in the spare tire well. I installed a PTC fitting in the end of the braided hose from the compressor and ran air line to the tank. No need for a longer braided hose.

3) Either take the struts back off and move the adjustment bolts to the inside holes, or slot the strut to knuckle holes (this is how the Ford dealership did mine).
Can you upload a few photos for me to show? i would greatly appreciated?

Sponsored

PaintItBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 5.0
Can you upload a few photos for me to show? i would greatly appreciated?
I can't show my struts slotted without taking them off. I would expect any reputable alignment shop to know what that is. You basically slot the holes where the strut bolts to the steering knuckle.

I'll try to get a shot of my compressor setup, but there are already several on here. There is a thread Jmeo started with lots of pics. I'll try to scrounge one up.

PaintItBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 5.0
Check this thread. First post shows how to move the bolts in the caster camber plates so you can access them thru the strut tower mount. This will require removing the struts. Slotting them can be done on the car.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82751&highlight=Airlift

I didn't have time tonight to take a pic of my compressor setup, but your installer should understand if you just tell him to put a PTC fitting on the leader hose, a PTC in the tank, and run air line from the compressor in the spare tire well to the tank. I believe they do this in the CJ pony parts install video if you really need a visual.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Check this thread. First post shows how to move the bolts in the caster camber plates so you can access them thru the strut tower mount. This will require removing the struts. Slotting them can be done on the car.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82751&highlight=Airlift

I didn't have time tonight to take a pic of my compressor setup, but your installer should understand if you just tell him to put a PTC fitting on the leader hose, a PTC in the tank, and run air line from the compressor in the spare tire well to the tank. I believe they do this in the CJ pony parts install video if you really need a visual.
Ptc fitting with Hardline is good enough? No need for the steel braided line?

PaintItBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 5.0
Ptc fitting with Hardline is good enough? No need for the steel braided line?
Nope, braided leader is not required all the way to the tank. Just obey the same precautions you would with running air line anywhere else (no heat, sharp corners, etc.) Use the leader to get the air line away from the compressor heat sink and you should be fine.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Nope, braided leader is not required all the way to the tank. Just obey the same precautions you would with running air line anywhere else (no heat, sharp corners, etc.) Use the leader to get the air line away from the compressor heat sink and you should be fine.
I see what you are saying.

I called airlift and they confirmed that using their black hardline is fine.

Thanks again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Small update:

1) The shop moved the 2 allen bolts to the inner holes and yet the alignment shop still refuse to do the alignment unless we enlarge the holes which make no sense to me since you can clearly reach it with a ball head allen key.

2)Rear suspension noise disappeared and they said one of the parts that hold the airbag where lose. It is fixed now.

3)They lowered the struts to bolt back the brake line hose. The car ride nice and no more zipties.

4)I told them to use the 1/2 or 3/8 hard line included with the kit to extend the air line from the compressor to the tank. The compressor is now in the spare tire well.

5)I measure all four corners. I found the RF and LR are 1/2 inch higher then the other when slam and when air up (50 50 70 70) a my ride height.
Does this affect the car in anyway? [MENTION=29951]PaintItBlack[/MENTION] [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION]

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Small update:

1) The shop moved the 2 allen bolts to the inner holes and yet the alignment shop still refuse to do the alignment unless we enlarge the holes which make no sense to me since you can clearly reach it with a ball head allen key.

2)Rear suspension noise disappeared and they said one of the parts that hold the airbag where lose. It is fixed now.

3)They lowered the struts to bolt back the brake line hose. The car ride nice and no more zipties.

4)I told them to use the 1/2 or 3/8 hard line included with the kit to extend the air line from the compressor to the tank. The compressor is now in the spare tire well.

5)I measure all four corners. I found the RF and LR are 1/2 inch higher then the other when slam and when air up (50 50 70 70) a my ride height.
Does this affect the car in anyway? [MENTION=29951]PaintItBlack[/MENTION] [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION]
5) no idea. I don't have this issue. I have however heard of people coming across this with regular springs though. I'd be checking the length of the front struts perhaps? Is is possible that the collars are set at different heights?

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have to take the car back. The noise in the passenger rear came back. I dont know if this is a defect in the air bag component. It come lose and knock around freely as i drive on uneven road. Ill ask the shop to check the height of the adjuster collar.

jruocco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP and Recaro
I would take it to another shop and have them check it out. The install looks amateur and the fact that they had not bolt something up and use zip ties worries me about their professionalism.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I would take it to another shop and have them check it out. The install looks amateur and the fact that they had not bolt something up and use zip ties worries me about their professionalism.
This is installed by Airlift Performance Authorize Dealer. Ill see what Airlift say today after I call them.
Sponsored