mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I just had my Steeda Sway Bars and G-Trac Bar installed by a professional shop and now while driving the car is squeaking plus there is rattle on the passenger side.

Anyone else experience this? if so, please let me know what needs to be done.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
First action should have been to bring it back to the shop to double check the install.

Second action would be to call Steeda directly.

Posting on the forum before those two actions will only make the process take longer.

OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Thank you for the input. I contacted the shop prior to posting just waiting for them to get me back in. In the meantime, I contacted Steeda and they stated it's usually caused by not putting enough or the grease provided with the items....that probably explains it:-)

Last edited:

Sponsored

dope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=21649]mSTANG_1[/MENTION]

Did you ever find out what was causing the noises?

I'm having the same rattle coming from the front passenger side and the squeaking as well. It happened after I got the Steeda shocks, struts, swaybars, and BMR lockout kit (CB005) installed by a shop. I think the cause might be the sway bars that weren't properly greased and/or torqued to spec. I plan on getting under my car this weekend to see if I can fix it myself, otherwise I'll be taken my car back to the shop.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
If you install larger factory sway bars, do they need to be greased as there are no zirc grease fittings. So...what do you do?

Thanks

CVCashmere

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you install larger factory sway bars, do they need to be greased as there are no zirc grease fittings. So...what do you do?

Thanks

CVCashmere
Grease is applied to the inside of the bushings prior to installation. At least that is what I have done when installing sway bars in the past. My guess would be the shop could have overlooked that part which would explain the squeak. Not sure about the rattle. It could be that the knocked out the metal slag to attach the G- trac brace and it got left inside the sub frame.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My Steeda bars have grease fittings on the retainers.

When I install sway bars for people (which has been like... twice, haha), I coat the living crap out of the contact points. I coat the bar, then the rubber, then the outside of the rubber, then the inside of the metal retainer. No mercy.

Is the rattle coming from the front or the rear?

dope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My Steeda bars have grease fittings on the retainers.

When I install sway bars for people (which has been like... twice, haha), I coat the living crap out of the contact points. I coat the bar, then the rubber, then the outside of the rubber, then the inside of the metal retainer. No mercy.

Is the rattle coming from the front or the rear?
The rattle is coming from the front passenger side when I drive over bumpy pavement.

I think I might just go back to the shop and ask that they grease the sway bar bushings then.
Sponsored