SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can add Steeda Dual Rate comp springs...

Rates at curb:
Front 350lbs
Rear 1200lbs

Lowers ride height .75 at all four corners

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Had the steeda progressive springs yesterday and very happy with the drop and stance of the car. I didn't see much difference in ride quality over my stock pp springs. I thought it was about as stiff as the stock ones or may be tad bit little less stiff.. Handling defintely improved

[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Rates at curb:
Front 350lbs
Rear 1200lbs

I will add to the ride frequency chart.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

Rates at curb:
Front 350lbs
Rear 1200lbs

Added to spring spreadsheet!

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Does anybody know the stock total suspension travel distance for the front and rear of a GTPP?
Our legal requirement for lowered cars is to retain two thirds of original travel and to have 100mm clearance to the ground from any part of the car.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Peeps, there were a couple of users mentioning that Eibach Pro-Kit is Linear and the spreadsheet shows them as Progressive, but I just got off the phone with Eibach and part# 35145.140, which is their Pro-Kit is indeed Linear and not Progressive. The info on the site is incorrect, he mentioned they went back to Linear so I'm assuming they might have been Progressive before :shrug: . The rates are correct as shown on the spreadsheet though :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just installed a set of the Eibach Pro-Kits for a forum member last weekend and they looked linear to me.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Peeps, there were a couple of users mentioning that Eibach Pro-Kit is Linear and the spreadsheet shows them as Progressive, but I just got off the phone with Eibach and part# 35145.140, which is their Pro-Kit is indeed Linear and not Progressive. The info on the site is incorrect, he mentioned they went back to Linear so I'm assuming they might have been Progressive before :shrug: . The rates are correct as shown on the spreadsheet though :thumbsup:
Yeah you're the second person I can recall that called Eibach and had them say that the Pro's were linear - even though just about everything else says they're progressive. That's really odd.

I just installed a set of the Eibach Pro-Kits for a forum member last weekend and they looked linear to me.
They definitely do look linear - nothing like a progressive spring (think Sportlines). I noticed this when I installed mine last year, but just took everyone's (including Eibach) word for it that they were progressive. Oh well, they're good springs and aren't coming out of my car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So whats the most minimal drop with the best ride quality?
BMR SP089 & SP082. 7/8" front and 1/2" rear drop. The GT350 (non R) springs drop 3/8" all around but are firmer than stock by quite a bit.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
BMR SP089 & SP082. 7/8" front and 1/2" rear drop. The GT350 (non R) springs drop 3/8" all around but are firmer than stock by quite a bit.
Great, I look into them. Thanks

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I wish the vendors would publish the spring rates at their product pages, and I wish the spreadsheet included all the vendor part numbers!

At least the OP could fix the latter ... :shrug:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah you're the second person I can recall that called Eibach and had them say that the Pro's were linear - even though just about everything else says they're progressive. That's really odd.

They definitely do look linear - nothing like a progressive spring (think Sportlines). I noticed this when I installed mine last year, but just took everyone's (including Eibach) word for it that they were progressive. Oh well, they're good springs and aren't coming out of my car.
http://eibach.com/america/en/eibach-news/ford-mustang-2015-plus-pro-kit

Note: PRO-KIT spring rates are measured as a system of the front or rear suspension. 10mm of bump-stop deflection is included in the final rate of the system.

Its a proprietary design progressive setup. The bump stops included with the springs are not just so you won't bottom out on the stock ones.

If you cut the bumpstops then the springs are probably linear at 200 front 800 rear. Basically the same as the steeda linear springs.

The sportlines are progressive springs and use 10mm of the bumpstops.
Why the eibach rep didn't explain this over the phone I don't know.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase