Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Blimey, that looks like a good deal. Think that might be my next mod!

Update, just noticed the red bars flash red when indicating, and I'm not so keen on that.

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Look ok if you red the whole rear light still a cheap mod without hacking open your rear lights I have a set EN route so will let you know if they function as they should.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
What about this as a cheap alternative

Think there about £100 found them in Australian section
More like £180 with shipping and taxes aren't they?

And not sequenced as the reds flash together and stay red but looks a good effect...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Is what it is unfortunately, a cheap variant. Only way to do it properly is to strip the interior of the lights, and redo the lights and electrics inside of it.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
When it comes to these it seems you pay for what you get. Go cheap get junk, spend a fortune and get proper smooth sequential as they should be with no gapping.

Do it right or go home in my view. :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I don't think it looks too bad. It's not correct and isn't going to pass muster with anyone on here or who knows the US cars however its not a bad effect and the simple installation beats ripping apart your lights or driving the length of the country in some cases.
The V2 version whilst slightly less illegal (if that were possible) might look a bit odd as you are often on and off the brake when indicating and approaching a turn so would be constantly switching between sequential/normal operation. Also in the video on their website it looked as though there was a very slight delay in when the left brake light came on after the right which I would hope was down to the different modules installed on each light.
I am tempted though...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it looks too bad. It's not correct and isn't going to pass muster with anyone on here or who knows the US cars however its not a bad effect and the simple installation beats ripping apart your lights or driving the length of the country in some cases.
The V2 version whilst slightly less illegal (if that were possible) might look a bit odd as you are often on and off the brake when indicating and approaching a turn so would be constantly switching between sequential/normal operation. Also in the video on their website it looked as though there was a very slight delay in when the left brake light came on after the right which I would hope was down to the different modules installed on each light.
I am tempted though...
Just get the proper ones, you know you'll just wanna kick yourself if you have these.

FWIW anyone looking at these, the lights have 2 red and 1 amber light in each of them, it'll look odd going red/red/orange instead of Orange/orange/orange repeat etc. Only way to get 3 brake lights / 3 indicators is to get new lights with dual use on them, as in has a red and an amber light in them...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Just get the proper ones, you know you'll just wanna kick yourself if you have these.

FWIW anyone looking at these, the lights have 2 red and 1 amber light in each of them, it'll look odd going red/red/orange instead of Orange/orange/orange repeat etc. Only way to get 3 brake lights / 3 indicators is to get new lights with dual use on them, as in has a red and an amber light in them...
I get what you're saying but at the moment its cheap or nothing, and I was very much on the side of nothing! Could just about afford to take a punt on £180 but over a grand including petrol money is out just now. Got a wife, two bathrooms and a child with a Mickey Mouse obsession to support. Plus, got a mate moving back to the UK from the States later this year and he's promised if there's room in his container for 4 wheels then its mine, so gotta keep some cash for that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I get what you're saying but at the moment its cheap or nothing, and I was very much on the side of nothing! Could just about afford to take a punt on £180 but over a grand including petrol money is out just now. Got a wife, two bathrooms and a child with a Mickey Mouse obsession to support. Plus, got a mate moving back to the UK from the States later this year and he's promised if there's room in his container for 4 wheels then its mine, so gotta keep some cash for that.
If you do want them, I can speak to sand and see if he will send them up to you, saves you the petrol lol ;)

Sponsored

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack

I bought these from australia and i believe i mentioned this on the forum earlier in the year (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1662209#post1662209), i plugged one in on the rear left to see the result and its ok but i wasnt convinced so they are back in the box.
i paid £175 which included the customs tax from Aussie, but i am happy to sell them to you if you wish for £120 including p&p
if you are interested PM me.:)
IMG_4186.JPG

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I bought these from australia and i believe i mentioned this on the forum earlier in the year (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1662209#post1662209), i plugged one in on the rear left to see the result and its ok but i wasnt convinced so they are back in the box.
i paid £175 which included the customs tax from Aussie, but i am happy to sell them to you if you wish for £120 including p&p
if you are interested PM me.:)
Should work for a US owner over here who may have been converted backwards. But anyone else... Just looks a bit frankinsteiny. :lol:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

looks pretty impressive and being Red looks the business
does seem to sequence a bit fast, but for the cost does seem a pretty good deal

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I agree with both sides; the "proper" job is too expensive (although in context, it isn't but as a consumer, it's silly). This is a half-way house and the cost is fine. I can see why both would attract different buyers.

I'd rather have my car go, sound and handle correctly - then stick the right wheels on before worrying about lighting, but I was also never in to ICE or anything else like that, so these things are the last things I'd do. So, as an interim? A great idea.
Sponsored