Sponsored

Supercharger or 2018 GT

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
damn. I was hoping for a more compelling reason not to supercharge mine. 2mpg isn't a big enough difference to discount it on a daily driver. :(
This car is a doddle for daily driving ,my wife uses it regularly without trepidation.But after the Lund tune if you really go for it then things happen fast ,my wife has now been instructed to never fully kickdown 100% as the response is very very dramatic.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
This car is a doddle for daily driving ,my wife uses it regularly without trepidation.But after the Lund tune if you really go for it then things happen fast ,my wife has now been instructed to never fully kickdown 100% as the response is very very dramatic.
Lund tweak the auto shiftness to be harsher and firmer, something I noticed in Enoch's car and to be frank it was really not nice, kind of loses the smoothness of the auto in normal mode.

Just so your aware if there is any part of the driving aspect you dislike you can tell Lund and they will change it. So if the auto is now to harsh or over sensitive to kick down, let them know and they can revert the auto box back to stock settings or somewhere inbetween.

The beauty of a custom tune is you can request and fine tune how the car drives to your exact liking.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Lund tweak the auto shiftness to be harsher and firmer, something I noticed in Enoch's car and to be frank it was really not nice, kind of loses the smoothness of the auto in normal mode.

Just so your aware if there is any part of the driving aspect you dislike you can tell Lund and they will change it. So if the auto is now to harsh or over sensitive to kick down, let them know and they can revert the auto box back to stock settings or somewhere inbetween.

The beauty of a custom tune is you can request and fine tune how the car drives to your exact liking.
Trying to fit in a session on the dyno with Alan Pumabuild / John Lund while it is with Alan awaiting repair to sort it including a minor flat spot that still needs fixing.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For what its worth im fitting the roush charger this weekend, is it worth dropping the engine just to see if I can get away with not cutting the k brace and bulkhead. Ive got the lund tune but had to buy the IAT harness. Went the roush route to save a bit of cash for other upgrades.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
For what its worth im fitting the roush charger this weekend, is it worth dropping the engine just to see if I can get away with not cutting the k brace and bulkhead. Ive got the lund tune but had to buy the IAT harness. Went the roush route to save a bit of cash for other upgrades.
The engine mounts are about ÂŁ175 ish (I think ) so it is probably worth doing if only to drop the centre of gravity a bit.I have no idea if the Roush fits under the kbrace /cover so not sure if it is necessary anyway ,but Whipple definitely needs it.Had to fit IAT also which was expensive for what it is.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I half regret not getting a Roush when I was offered a kit for ÂŁ4500 installed, bloody no chance of that price now. :D

But in fairness I enjoy the NA power of my car, less thinking to do, just floor it. :D

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Did you get the RHD add on kit? I contacted Roush a few months back regarding RHD cars and they said they were about to release a RHD pack as an add on and included revised parts to suit? Will you still need to cut using this kit?

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
When i had my 2008 S197 4.6 3 valve I tested a Paxton fitted car and found it to be just like it came out of the factory. There was no sudden surge of power and no noticeable noise, it just felt like it had a 6 litre engine fitted, if you know what I mean?

If I were going FI on my S550, it would definitly be Twin Screw/PD as I like the whine and the surge. I would probably go with Harrop.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you discussing dropping the engine, not sure how it works with all exhausts but here's my experience...
Dropped the engine a full 3/4", had the exhaust manufactured for that height.
Lifted the engine 1/2" to gain clearance for headers and it now sits in the rubbers like a piece of shit.
Remember, you're dropping the engine, which is then using the gearbox crossmember as a pivot point, tlifting the front end of the exhaust.
Any angles you create will be reflected in the exhaust system.
Probably ok if you're only dropping 1/4" or maybe you can go lower on the factory system with its Flexi joints :shrug:
Just a heads up is all. :cheers:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Keep on posting all the views and thoughts as I am watching this one with interest. I have already made the decisions to supercharge and not go new model until at least 7G. I have spent too much on customising the look and cosmetics of the car to throw those elements away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I will also go supercharger now, the Harrop looks interesting and neat,specific for RHD.Don't really like cutting bits to fit or lowering engine but if it doesn't create other problems then fine, so yes keep reports coming, good or bad.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Fitting the roush charger this weekend, total cost so far
6500 not to bad, I'll just take my time fingers crossed
No problems.:ford:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I'll just leave this here,.....................

Really enjoyed that, very educational :thumbsup: makes me think I should keep my baby

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Fitting the roush charger this weekend, total cost so far
6500 not to bad, I'll just take my time fingers crossed
No problems.:ford:
Keep us updated on your progress as very interested in fitting one
Sponsored