avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've done some sums and I can get my hands on about 10 grand.I don't know how much the new revised mustang will be but I'm guessing it will be around 40 and I reckon my mustang will take quite a fall in resale value.If I go this route that will be it,no room for mods totally spent out.Or, do I keep mine and fit a SC for some fun.Those that have them was it really worth the money all things considered.
Whipple seems to be popular, I'm not sure about Roush as there seems to be alot of cutting.Procharger or paxton doesn't seem to be the choice over here but it looks like a bolt on easy kit.what do you think?
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I've done some sums and I can get my hands on about 10 grand.I don't know how much the new revised mustang will be but I'm guessing it will be around 40 and I reckon my mustang will take quite a fall in resale value.If I go this route that will be it,no room for mods totally spent out.Or, do I keep mine and fit a SC for some fun.Those that have them was it really worth the money all things considered.
Whipple seems to be popular, I'm not sure about Roush as there seems to be alot of cutting.Procharger or paxton doesn't seem to be the choice over here but it looks like a bolt on easy kit.what do you think?
Fitting an SC is something I've not yet put to bed.:) Not really interested in the new model as I'm still more than happy with what I've got:thumbsup:..

But if I do decide to go for it.....it's gonna be the Harrop:D

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Well if you look at it like a new buyer parked in the ford dealer is a 700 bhp supercharged beastie a year old for ÂŁ40k or a stock 2018 brand new but stock would you be happy to run the stock car till you save up some more cash for mods????? Best way I can put my thoughts across.

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fitting an SC is something I've not yet put to bed.:) Not really interested in the new model as I'm still more than happy with what I've got:thumbsup:..

But if I do decide to go for it.....it's gonna be the Harrop:D
But you Know Whipple is the Daddy !!!!!! [MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] we will be at the Steeda event if you want a demonstration but I reckon it depends what you want out of your car a fast road car with good setup I'd stay N/A and go solid 500ish bhp, if it's a toy the Whipple ftw great for blasting about but with all that power you need to be awake when pushing the car, no joke the scenery get blurry quick.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it's a new GT then definitely no mods lol.
I've seen the Harrop looks good,l know nothing on superchargers except you also need supporting mods ie opg etc.I know dave [MENTION=7629]GT[/MENTION] 101 has been fitting them.
I guess you can use the manufacturers tune or go with Lund
and n gauge.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Very tough choice, I'd say supercharger:

Whipple Stage 2: Around 670HP with Whipple tune and it does require OPG upgrade to be safe. Whipple is probably one of the most tuned setups. Drives like stock if not better. A custom tune like Lund is around 725HP on Stage 2. Fit headers and Lund gonna be 750-800 horses. Downsides is one of most expensive. But Whipple is a great setup which gives more power and torque everywhere, but not too much to make it impossible to put down making it have great drive ability even in the wet. Oh that whine! ;)

Roush: One of the cheapest options but also the hardest to install and involves cutting. Stage 1 can be done without upgrading OPG though its still recommended but I know of no reports of OPG being lost to a Stage 1 Roush. Expect around 600HP and Stage 2 is around 650HP. Also drives like stock but because its a roots type blower torque comes in much sooner which can result in wheelspin making it more difficult to manage compared to a well tuned whipple. Also with Roush there is little to no whine which some might like.

Pro Charger: This is way I'd probably go, can't comment on drive ability as never driven one, but again should be like stock.
I'd get the new P1X which is design for high revving and as such works great with GT 350 IM and is also reasonably priced, it also has the advantage of being easiest to install. Due to the high power and high revving an OPG upgrade is an absolute must as centri's make power with revs and the higher you rev the more boost there is. On a GT 350 setup expect 700-800HP.
Advantages are very NA style delivery, power comes with revs, no huge dollop of torque down low so the advantage is they make putting down power easier. As they are essentially a turbo in the intake they can be setup to scream, make whooosh and blow of type noises or can be setup to be pretty silent. Being in the intake they do not muffle exhaust noise like a traditional turbo would.
The other big advantage is IAT temps as no heatsoak like Roush and Whipple suffer from as MAF is inside intercooler and of course they weigh the least.

All three setups can result in a safe 700HP, but they will all go about their own way of getting their, drive different and make different noises.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
But you Know Whipple is the Daddy !!!!!! [MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] we will be at the Steeda event if you want a demonstration
I could pop down to that ;)

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gibbo, lots of good info
I've read quite a bit on it and I think all the choices are good

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a shame Gibbo is away don't be fooled his car is quick N/A I reckon a road point to point in his and mine would be marginal.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thanks Gibbo, lots of good info
I've read quite a bit on it and I think all the choices are good
Yes for me I would want to drive a Pro Charger car and then decide.

As the Whipple setup drives better than stock and drive ability is the absolute most important aspect especially on daily driven cars.

This is something Whipple has in the bag because it is the most tuned setup, when I spoke with Lund months back I think they said something like they have tuned over 1000 Whipple cars now and had over 50 cars in house on the dyno and road with Whipple giving them something like 200+ hours tuning time in house on Whipple setups.

On Macs car it shows as it drives superb, you can even floor it in second gear and his car puts all 800 horses down and just goes, whereas other tuners would just result in it blowing the tyres off.

Lund make 800HP very easy to use and able to put it down and that for me is why Whipple would be a favourite.

When I drove a Roush Stage 2, Roush tune which had less power but the car was a lot more difficult to put power down, blew tyres of in second gear. Same setup with Lund tune could be better but it was more annoying, the Whipple drove nicer and was faster.

If you go SC route, try to drive the various setups somehow before deciding.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharger, I'm with Mac on this one, it'll be way more fun modding your car, than just buying a new one, taking a hit just to have the latest, but it being bone stock.

Mod it, make it your own, be proud of it, or have a car anyone else could have. Totally your call.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
But you Know Whipple is the Daddy !!!!!!
Depends on what you're looking for:)...whipped has the whine, which I don't like, and due to the number of installs they've done they have a proven track record, and you pretty much know that you're going to get what it says on the box....:)

But for me, I like the neatness of the Harrop install, no lowering the engine.
Designed specifically for the RHD Mustang, no Whine, no cutting K braces etc, and it's different.

But I've done my research on Harrop, and they're a proper outfit with a great history of engineering upgrades..

Different flavours for different folk:cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you're looking for:)...whipped has the whine, which I don't like, and due to the number of installs they've done they have a proven track record, and you pretty much know that you're going to get what it says on the box....:)

But for me, I like the neatness of the Harrop install, no lowering the engine.
Designed specifically for the RHD Mustang, no Whine, no cutting K braces etc, and it's different.

But I've done my research on Harrop, and they're a proper outfit with a great history of engineering upgrades..

Different flavours for different folk:cheers:
To be honest, when are you getting the harrop, be interested to hear / see yours and macs going at it, and anyone of the few chaps with a roush.

"spice is the flavour of life" might be the term that comes in now, as long as each owners happy who gives a f00k

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I am in the same sort of boat, undecided on buying a 18 or to drop the money into this one, would have to be a whipple if I do

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just to correct gibbo a little the roush and whipple are basically the same SC uses the same Eaton scrolls inside (roush is scroll same as whipple) both on 2.9l capacity main difference is packaging whipple brings most of the stuff forward throttle bodies etc roush leaves it at the back. dropped engine mounts can do roush without cutting if I understand the rednecks correctly.
Sponsored