Mishimoto Coolant Expansion Tank

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Has anyone fitted the Mishimoto Coolant Expansion Tank as a replacement for the dodgy OEM plastic one (following all the reported failures reported lately - some of them nearly catastrophic)? I hear it fits RHD fine.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The expansion tank is NOT what's going wrong, it's the Oil cooler, totally different things.

If anything, the Mishi makes it HARDER to see these issues as there's only a TINY checker on the side.

I must admit, it does look sexy as heck though, but... If I had a GT, I'd probably be swapping back to stock just incase, especially with that.

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
The expansion tank is NOT what's going wrong, it's the Oil cooler, totally different things.

If anything, the Mishi makes it HARDER to see these issues as there's only a TINY checker on the side.

I must admit, it does look sexy as heck though, but... If I had a GT, I'd probably be swapping back to stock just incase, especially with that.
AHA! So, what does the oil cooler look like - and can it be replaced with a new part (OEM or non-OEM) safely for RHD?
I display my ignorance here for all to see

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
AHA! So, what does the oil cooler look like - and can it be replaced with a new part (OEM or non-OEM) safely for RHD?
I display my ignorance here for all to see
You can replace it yes, Modurstang can fit it, I wouldn't fit it myself personally. It's the oil cooler, and I think MMR or Mishimoto do it :thumbsup:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mishimoto coolant tank, looks awesome and easy to fit.

The Mishimoto oil cooler doesn't fit on the rhd, I emailed Mishimoto but they never responded, guy@nemesis is developing a mod though.

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
+1 for the mishi tank - one of the first things I fitted:headbang: Looks the bollox

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
The Pro Alloy is recommended as it has a sight glass to view the coolant level and colour. If you contact David Jones at GT101 in Colchester he developed it with Pro Alloy and looks stock in the GT engine bay. I had a MMR oil to air cooler fitted by Mike at Modurstang and it also moves the oil filter to a easier access point as well as not wondering about the stock oil cooler failing. I needed the change due to fitting a FR/Roush Supercharger.:ford::thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Actually, there is one annoying thing about the mishi tank - it's a bastard to get the cap off on mine:frusty: Need to use grips...and I'm big and butch!:D

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, there is one annoying thing about the mishi tank - it's a bastard to get the cap off on mine:frusty: Need to use grips...and I'm big and butch!:D
Mine required immense force to do up but opens with no force at all :crazy:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I've got no problems with my mishi tank. Sight tube is obvious, cap not difficult. It doesn't play well with the oil separator on that side though. Very cramped tubing.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I also got the mmr oil cooler. Big job to fit and involves arse ache fabricating parts for Mike at Modurstang.
Sponsored