Sponsored

MBRP Race Exhaust Review

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just because ford hasn't issued a TSB doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't recall a TSB for panel alignment issues and only someone in serious denial would say those don't exist.

You got a quiet one, good for you, you're in the minority.

The bases have the exact same windshield. A windshield has absolutely nothing to do with interior rattles and vibrations that still freaking exist even with my silent stock exhaust back on.

Yes, they are much better than previous mustangs but the mustang has and always will be a CHEAP "sports" car.
And I don't think they do have the same windshield, look at the bottom left corner of the outside of yours and see wha it says, just curious. And again, you jump from one point to another. You made a claim that your mbrp made too much noise and you could feel it inside the cabin and vibrations, my point was that's what happens when you take the resonator off, that's it period. As far as your other issues, we weren't talking about that.
Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
And I don't think they do have the same windshield, look at the bottom left corner of the outside of yours and see wha it says, just curious. And again, you jump from one point to another. You made a claim that your mbrp made too much noise and you could feel it inside the cabin and vibrations, my point was that's what happens when you take the resonator off, that's it period. As far as your other issues, we weren't talking about that.
You need to put the pipe down. I have not jumped at all. Actually, that would be you. Like who brought up windshields? Wasn't me bro.

Since you obviously lack reading comprehension let me spell it out for you.

I said the MBRP brought out every little rattle and/or vibration. I never said I could feel it. Please quote that.

I stated the cars are cheap.

You jumped in saying they arent and bringing up additional acoustic stuff. Then brought up your premium PP.

I then said plenty of people complain about rattles and vibrations on this forum and referenced a section. I never said anything about TSB's, I referenced a form sub-section. Get it?

Then you started talking about the windshield again (something I was never talking about....

Feel free to go to fordparts.com, there is one windshield, one.
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/C...ustang&initSearch=1&keyword=windshield#Search

And you seriously try to say i'm jumping every which way. Anyone with half a brain can see that it was you doing what you're now accusing me of.:crazy:

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
I understand, back to the review. I set off a few car alarms in a garage this morning and had it on the video I'm uploading :eyebulge:

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
I understand, back to the review. I set off a few car alarms in a garage this morning and had it on the video I'm uploading :eyebulge:

Nice! At the moment this is the route I'm considering.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I definitely agree that its one of the better (if not the best IMO) sounding systems. If I wasn't so sensitive to drone it'd still be on the car simply due to the amazing sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
I too have the MBRP race, and I do love the sound.. Very deep and no rasp... One thing that has been bugging me is just like you said.. the left tip is pretty close to the valance, and seems to sag a little bit, which seems to be the case with others who have the same system.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
Hey Palmtree, what kind of BOV are you running. It's pretty loud in the garage too! I can hear it resonating with your exhaust! Sounds great!

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
Just VTA, I pulled off the recirculating tube the first day I had it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
I too have the MBRP race, and I do love the sound.. Very deep and no rasp... One thing that has been bugging me is just like you said.. the left tip is pretty close to the valance, and seems to sag a little bit, which seems to be the case with others who have the same system.
Yeah has anyone had their bumper heat damaged? I know I saw a post about one of the reflectors bending straight due to heat.

Horsepower Direct

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
HPD_RACE
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Everything !
We have the lowest price on MBRP Exhaust Kits. We are DIRECT with MBRP.. We also had the first kits that MBRP made.

Over 100 + S550 MBRP Exhaust Kits IN STOCK, In our Own Warehouse.

Please PM us for Pricing , also with your zip code or state..

https://www.horsepowerdirect.com/

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
Thanks horsepower direct!! For anyone that has this, is it loud to the point that when your cruising at regular city speeds or pulling into a parking lot that you are that person with the obnoxiously loud exhaust that says I need attention? It's so hard to tell from just videos.
No, it really only gets loud when you're revving over 3'000rpm. It has a very smooth sound to it, refined.

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
Alright guys here's another video. What I've really like about this exhaust is that it is just so smooth sounding. You dont really hear individual firing like on some hondas, subarus, etc.
[ame]

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
This exhaust for me is quiet when it needs to be and loud when I want it to be. I really hardly notice it while I'm cruising around town. But it comes alive when I get on it. I personally really have enjoyed it thus far. My only complaint is the build quality. But I got what I paid for.
Sponsored