Sponsored

Craig's Custom license plate mounting bracket NO DRILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
If you live in a front tag state, you need one of these. I've had 0 issues with the bracket, and we had some crazy heat for awhile. I love mine.
Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Removal of the Plate holder

My 350 is due to be delivered next week. I live in a state that requires a front plate, but in a bit over a year I expect to be living in a state that does not require a front plate so I am especially interested in a solution that I can remove. My concern about the STO N SHO is that it is a bit lower and does block part of the air flow.

I am not as concerned about Craig's bracket falling off after reading these post, as I am about how I would get it off and what it would do to the paint. I do not have stripes on the GT350 which may make it better.

Any ideas?

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
My 350 is due to be delivered next week. I live in a state that requires a front plate, but in a bit over a year I expect to be living in a state that does not require a front plate so I am especially interested in a solution that I can remove. My concern about the STO N SHO is that it is a bit lower and does block part of the air flow.

I am not as concerned about Craig's bracket falling off after reading these post, as I am about how I would get it off and what it would do to the paint. I do not have stripes on the GT350 which may make it better.

Any ideas?
Hi Just moments after I posted this, Craig called me - I had tried to reach him yesterday. In any case, he does have a reasonable way to get the plate holder off so I am going to order one.

Sponsored

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
I have a Sto 'n sho. Bashed it on a curb on day 1 and broke the quick release pin. I just mounted the adhesive part of the Craig's mount on the weekend, and it's curing until next week. My car has stripes, but the stripe does not extend under the front bumper to where you mount the bracket. I also put a GoPro tether next to the mount and am figuring out how to lash it to the plate bracket. Will probably use 1/16" aircraft cable with a loop and attached to one of those quick release/pull apart key chains.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Does this work on the R as well?

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
One suggestion I'd like to see is to have mounting bolt drilled to accept a small cotter pin.. that way the thumb screw won't fall off even if it vibrates loose, but it's still easy enough to remove when needed. I suppose I can find a c-clip to fit.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
my thumb screw got "stuck" after about 10-12 months... couldn't move it, tried to use pliers and ended up rotating the plastic around the metal... it's still stuck, so I had to get some fish line and remove the entire thing :(

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
my thumb screw got "stuck" after about 10-12 months... couldn't move it, tried to use pliers and ended up rotating the plastic around the metal... it's still stuck, so I had to get some fish line and remove the entire thing :(
I'd contact Craig's directly about the issue

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/contact-us/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.