Sponsored

Craig's Custom license plate mounting bracket NO DRILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
How do guys deal with a car wash?
There is a great little HAND ONLY car wash about 50 yards from one of my favorite breakfast joints. Drop it off, run over and get some breakfast and ta-da it's clean and shiny. They also do a great wax 3 or 4 times per year at a really fair rate.
Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wish I would have seen this product before I ordered the one from CJ Pony Parts. It's much more sturdy and the position of the plate is in a higher, better location. AND it's $30 cheaper. :headbonk:

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm not running a front plate and while it's clearly a legal NO NO I've noticed that about 20 percent of cars I see locally run with no front plate. BMW, Corvettes, Porsche... Pretty much never have plates locally. Most custom cars also no plates. We shall see, if I get a ticket, I will have earned it and I will happily pay it.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm not running a front plate and while it's clearly a legal NO NO I've noticed that about 20 percent of cars I see locally run with no front plate. BMW, Corvettes, Porsche... Pretty much never have plates locally. Most custom cars also no plates. We shall see, if I get a ticket, I will have earned it and I will happily pay it.
Don't want to jinx myself. I'll order the bracket when it's necessary.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I love my craigs custom bracket.

My blue one next to his also has the bracket, but centered. Takes ten seconds to take off at a car event.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I use to run no plate on my Vette, after being pulled over twice for it....it was more of an inconvenience than just running the plate and not having to sweat around the fuzz.

Same with dark window tint, I think age plays a roll LOL. I don't want to be bothered with it anymore!

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
My Craig's Custom bracket fell off while driving this week and I wasn't able to retrieve it. It did not come unscrewed from the bracket, but instead the entire bracket fell off (part taped/glued to car) with the license plate attached.

We are in the middle of an epic heat wave here and I wonder if that had anything to do with it (100 degrees with high humidity). I followed the instructions exactly when attaching it and it's been on for about 11 months now with no issues until it came off.

Now I have to report my plate lost and get a new set. Use at your own risk. I will just drill my bumper once I get the replacement plates and not mess with the possibility of this happening again.

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Damn. Now you've got me worried. I've had mine on for 2 months in the Texas frying pan. I'm glad I didn't throw away my CJ Pony bracket.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Its all about the different jurisdictions. Even in Texas you could drive halfway across the state waving at every patrol car without anyone ever thinking twice about pulling you over. But, there is always that one county that takes it as a personal mission to insure that every car has the front plate.

In most places its mainly an "add on ticket" to what ever violation they pulled you over for.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Its all about the different jurisdictions. Even in Texas you could drive halfway across the state waving at every patrol car without anyone ever thinking twice about pulling you over. But, there is always that one county that takes it as a personal mission to insure that every car has the front plate.

In most places its mainly an "add on ticket" to what ever violation they pulled you over for.
For me, that one county was Hill county in 2012 on my way to Lake Whitney. I'd driven the same stretch of highway at least 30 times over the last 15 years. The first vehicle I ran without a front plate was my wife's 2013 Fusion hybrid. She thought it cluttered up the front end appearance. County mountie pulled me out of a line of 4 cars and cited us for the one violation he could. Also, my niece was cited in Harris county for the same thing a year later. No "add-on ticket". Just a little extra month-end quota shortage, probably. The citing officer told me they like to use this little law to pull over suspicious vehicles when they don't have any other legal reason to initiate a traffic stop. Then they can look inside your car, visually and legally, and stir up shit that you might not like stirred. I never would have believed it if I hadn't lived it. But you'll be alright running without a plate in Germany/Qatar, one would think. I just don't think about it anymore.

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
its the Sho-N-Go "no drill"? I though it bolted to existing bolts underneath the car.

These are my 2 choices and I would like to know if there is any "drilling" between the 2.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
its the Sho-N-Go "no drill"? I though it bolted to existing bolts underneath the car.

These are my 2 choices and I would like to know if there is any "drilling" between the 2.
No drilling on either. I switched to the Craig's because the Sho n Go position is a little lower, partially blocks air flow, and actually lowers ground clearance by a half inch. I scraped off the release pin in 2 weeks. If my Craig's falls off, it's drill time. F--- it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.