Sponsored

MBRP RACE EXHAUST REVIEW

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
So I installed the MBRP race cat-back on my car this morning. Figured I would give my take on it.

NOT TOO LOUD
BARELY NOTICEABLE AT CRUISING SPEEDS

DISLIKES:
BUILD QUALITY DID SEEM CHEAP

Over all I am happy with the product. Fitment was not an issue, install was very easy. Just the exhaust looked somewhat cheap, welds did not look as quality as I have seen on other exhausts. But the Car sounds REALLY good. Not even noticeable just cruising on the highway, but when I get on it, the car does come alive with sound. Which is the combo I was hoping for.
Sponsored

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good info. Same exhaust I am looking into.

I had an issue with a downpipe from them on my old car (focus st). Where one of the brackets were it broke and caused a hole in the pipe. I emailed them a picture and a copy of my receipt and I had a tracking number for a new one the same day! They have very impressive customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the race exhaust be able to bolt up to a 3" downpipe?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if the dp is a factory connect setup, then yes.

lemme know if we can help in any way

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So that would make me think that the race exhaust starts out at a diameter smaller than 3".

I was hoping I could use the race and it would be a full 3" from the turbo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Crstro01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blacked out EB premium PP
Bought the race catback for the ecoboost early December. Received it late December. Driver side assembly rubbed against the subframe. Took it to muffler shop asked them if they could fit it on correctly. They wanted to cut into the subframe.

Emailed mbrp they filed a claim and 3 weeks later sent me a replcament driver side muffler. This time it sat against the rear valence.
Emailed them again currently awaiting a new y pipe. I liked the sound. But its been 2 months since I first ordered it. It has Not been worth the trouble although they have been very helpful and I appreciate the customer service. Their quality control must not be very good.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
So that would make me think that the race exhaust starts out at a diameter smaller than 3".

I was hoping I could use the race and it would be a full 3" from the turbo back.
It's not. It ends the Y-pipe (where it connects to the DP) with a 2.5" exit. That, in our case, connected to a 2.5" downsize on the MAP DP with a band clamp.

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not. It ends the Y-pipe (where it connects to the DP) with a 2.5" exit. That, in our case, connected to a 2.5" downsize on the MAP DP with a band clamp.
Crap. Back to the drawing board on the exhaust. I really wanted some thing that will be a full 3" when I get a new downpipe.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You will have to buy a perf connect down pipe with a perf connect exhaust. Or fab in a small section of 3" pipe once you get both pieces

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will have to buy a perf connect down pipe with a perf connect exhaust. Or fab in a small section of 3" pipe once you get both pieces
After looking at the MBRP pictures, it doesn't look like it will be too much to change the very end of the pipe to a 3". I may just do that.

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored